JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronny forgeron

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since 2011 I use a Slingcatcher and Slingplayer In China, since may 2019 the Sling server is blocked, I can only watch via vpn router. Now the axe is coming down in HK too I suppose.
The legacy software 1.5 works without vpn in China, so that proves you can really use the Slingbox without the location server.
But on computers where Flash is removed that does not work anymore..
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronny forgeron wrote:
Since 2011 I use a Slingcatcher and Slingplayer In China, since may 2019 the Sling server is blocked, I can only watch via vpn router. Now the axe is coming down in HK too I suppose.
The legacy software 1.5 works without vpn in China, so that proves you can really use the Slingbox without the location server.
But on computers where Flash is removed that does not work anymore..

Hi, ronny. Do you happen to know which sling servers I need to add to whitelist of my vpn? Now I tunnel all traffic through the tunnel, which results in undesired situation. I only want to tunnel those sling servers but since I don't know the sling servers address, I had to tunnel all traffic through the tunnel.

Thanks.
chuliu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Direct IP Connection Reply with quote

nyudoka wrote:
alanrichey wrote:
I am wondering if just reverting to Slingplayer V1.5 would do the trick.

Might depend on which model Slingbox you have. I have the Pro-HD (Japanese model) setup to stream remotely using Slingplayer 2.0.4 on Win10 streaming 720p (works perfectly). I also tested ver 1.5 (with Direct IP Connection and modified SBCore.ini for 720p), but remote control doesn't work as it was never intended for Pro-HD (SBAV-JB.sbav) models.

However, I also remote record from the Slingbox using the Perl rec2a.pl script on Win10 with batch files and Task Scheduler to capture 720p streams automatically, then pipe the asf files into FFMpeg mp4s . The Perl scripts do also use a Direct IP connection method.

I have tested the same Perl script using a Batch file to pipe -stdout into VLC via command line, and can watch Live TV. So as long as Sling don't release a firmware update that cripples the remote viewing, then I'll just use that method once they shutoff SlingPlayer 2.0.4 from authenticating and doing Finder ID lookups through their servers.

May I know how one can do the modification to sbcore.ini to make 1.5 software streams in 720p? Thank you.
nyudoka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Direct IP Connection Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
May I know how one can do the modification to sbcore.ini to make 1.5 software streams in 720p? Thank you.

These are the settings I used.

[EncodeConrol]
HiResLAN=1
VeryHiResLAN=1
Profile=2
BitRate=2048
FrameRate=30
IFrameInterval=5
FixedEncoding=1
VideoResolution=12
VideoSmoothness=64
AudioType=0
AudioOnly=0
AudioBitRate=32
UltraHiResLAN=1

Just so you know, if you can find and hunt down a version of Slingplayer 2.0.1 or another build prior to 2.0.3 it will support the Direct IP for remote viewing without requiring the Slingserver Log in. It was version 2.0.3 that they removed the Direct IP support and changed to Finder ID lookups via their servers only.

Hope it helps
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know of anywhere that has an archived copy of SP 2.0.1? I would be happy to store a copy of it here if you have it.

We do have an archive of SlingplayerDesktop-5.0.0.83.exe if that's still useful:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25286
nyudoka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't. I have things setup to use the Perl scripts, given I mostly record and can use that if I want to watch live.

Personally I find the VLC output to produce better quality video rendering than the Windows Media 9 components that the SlingPlayer uses.

PS. Just so you aware, the real issue for everyone is the setup of reset boxes and/or reconfiguration of any SlingBox Pro-HD, etc.. after server shutdown. That can't be done without their servers, and why I have already setup 2 spare boxes with the gear I use in Japan, so I can swap it out if it dies.
nyudoka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Do you know of anywhere that has an archived copy of SP 2.0.1? I would be happy to store a copy of it here if you have it.

I have searched and found you a pre-2.0.3 version. It's not 2.0.1 rather just 2.0 but it allows for remote Direct IP connection via IP without Login or Finder lookups.

If the SlingBox ProHD is not on the LAN, you need to manual edit the SBProfile.xml file prior to launching the app and add a device name, remote WAN IP and port. It will then show the device under Slingbox Directory. Upon first connect you can add Admin password and save option, that will update this file so it won't prompt again.

In regards to settings for streaming it is best to edit the SBCore.ini manually first too, as the old player won't give the best GUI options for latest firmware and 720p, etc.. This is a copy of the manual settings I have used in the past.

[PlayerProperties.EncodeControl]
Profile=3
BitRate=2048
FrameRate=30
IFrameInterval=5
FixedEncoding=2
VideoResolution=12
AudioType=0
AudioOnly=0
AudioBitRate=32
VideoSmoothness=50
HiResLAN=3
HiResWAN=0
StreamTypeVideo=2
StreamTypeAudio=2
VideoResolutionLAN=12
VideoResolutionWAN=12
VideoResolutionManual=12

This is the URL to the SlingPlayer installer, so you can download and add to the archive here also. It has an annoying upgrade request, that one should ignore and hopefully will cease once SlingMedia's server are turned off.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jz92jm6ujnzes5u/slingplayer-2.0.0465-setup-us.exe/file

Again, hope it is helpful to some.

EDIT: With Slingplayer ver 2. on Windows, these files to edit are under the ProgramData folder. Go into the folder Sling Media > SlingPlayer > 2.0 > (see this and make sure you allow file explorer to show hidden files/folders first).
https://www.howtogeek.com/278562/what-is-the-programdata-folder-in-windows/

For people without Slingbox on the LAN i.e. remote WAN and first time to setup Slingplayer 2.0 you will have a blank SBProfile.xml which needs to be edited. If you've had a newer version of 2.0.3 or 2.0.4 then downgraded the old settings should be populated already in your SBProfile.xml.

Here's a copy of my SBProfile template.

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SBProfile xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<DeviceDB>
<Device dbid="" username="admin" password="" name="whateveryourboxnameis" port="5001" address="XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" useaddress="1" last.address="" last.port="" id="putFINDERIDhere" slingboxId="" product.id="" countryId="" lastAccessTime="" deleted="No" modified=""/></DeviceDB>
</SBProfile>

Now you need to edit the following information but leave password BLANK it is not plain text but gets encrypted and updates at first connect. Leave others blank except;

name=whatever name description you gave it in setup

port=whatever port you gave it in remote viewing setup

address=remote WAN IP of box

id=the unique ID 32-character alpha-numeric number of your Slingbox (possibly could be made blank if you don't have it, as you will be connecting via Direct IP but not harm to insert if you do have - also leave the SlingboxId field blank)

product.id to suit your box as follows. Solo = 7 Pro = 1 ProHD = 8 (it maybe possible to leave it blank - haven't tested).

Save the SBProfile.xml file and close the text editor. Start Slingplayer and the box should be visible under the Slingbox Directory. Upon first connect will be prompted to add your Admin password.

If you wish to use last.port and last.address these must be used in conjunction with useaddress="2" and those fields must have duplicates of the primary port and address for the initial connection.

Last edited by nyudoka on Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
chuliu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyudoka wrote:
Sorry, I don't. I have things setup to use the Perl scripts, given I mostly record and can use that if I want to watch live.

Personally I find the VLC output to produce better quality video rendering than the Windows Media 9 components that the SlingPlayer uses.

PS. Just so you aware, the real issue for everyone is the setup of reset boxes and/or reconfiguration of any SlingBox Pro-HD, etc.. after server shutdown. That can't be done without their servers, and why I have already setup 2 spare boxes with the gear I use in Japan, so I can swap it out if it dies.

Can't we set up a pro hd with 2.0.043?
Or maybe it's too early to judge?
nyudoka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:

Can't we set up a pro hd with 2.0.043?
Or maybe it's too early to judge?

Unfortunately, you need the Flash to work (which was EOL Dec 2020). There are workarounds, and you can try to reset the clock etc.. I got the Flash to work on the System but could never get the Setup Assistant to work on any old PC version.

A bit like the Login option on 2.0.4 you can't connect to their servers and all you get is a spinning flash circle at best while it tries to communicate to their servers, and eventually an error stating your internet connection is not working.

However, on a Mac using the old 1.0.10 Setup I could get that to work, but the problem for me and likely many, is that the device configuration for the specific Cable Box I use and need isn't listed.

The only way I could configure my 2 extra backup reset SlingBox Pro-HD was to use the current Desktop Player (and its setup assistant). This non-Flash version (for all Sling Models) requires login to your account, communication with their servers, updates firmware and also provides the up-to-date list of cable boxes, FTA tuners and other DVR/Input devices, etc.. then downloads IR config files etc..

This is what we'll all loose from Nov 2022. Interestingly, what I did find is that once I had setup my replacement spare Slingboxes with this new Player (Setup Assistant), I could use the old Mac 1.0.10 Player to access the devices Network Configuration through the Directory listing and edit/re-configure this specific LAN IP and Port information of the box without their servers.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyudoka wrote:
The Robman wrote:

I have searched and found you a pre-2.0.3 version. It's not 2.0.1 rather just 2.0 but it allows for remote Direct IP connection via IP without Login or Finder lookups.

Thanks Nyudoka. Will you be keeping the file on Mediafire? I have created a link to it from the Slingbox folder in our file section.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26389
nyudoka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Thanks Nyudoka. Will you be keeping the file on Mediafire?

You're welcome. Yes, I will.
nyudoka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

I have created a link to it from the Slingbox folder in our file section.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26389

Rob, there's an update on how to setup and/or reconfigure ProHD or earlier boxes without Sling's servers using earlier versions of the SlingPlayer apps (setup assistant). Please see this thread's comments -

https://www.reddit.com/r/slingbox/comments/yfpw3s/comment/iup1p5j/

I have also uploaded the SlingPlayer ver 1.5 PC and ver 1.0.10 Mac apps for downloading post Nov 9 on Mediafire. If you wish to add a link to these in File Downloads section that might be an idea. Thanks

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l53odja366hvmm7/SlingPlayer-1.0.10.dmg/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8t6gfe5r79nakd1/SlingPlayer-Setup-EU-1.5.1.343.exe/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5q1ytjktko64ait/SlingPlayer-Setup-1.5.1.338-US.exe/file
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. As long as you keep those Mediafire files there, these new links will work. If the files ever get deleted, please let me know so I can update the links.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=97
nyudoka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject: Slingbox Firmware and Remote Archives... Reply with quote

As Sling's servers go into Sunset. Here's a copy of the latest firmware files for models up to ProHD as a backup archive. These can be uploaded to your Slingbox using the older SlingPlayer EU-1.5.1.343 PC or Mac 1.0.10 Setup Assistants. The only need for these old players is for setup and/or reconfiguration of boxes. Once setup and/or reconfigured it's best (has better quality playback) to use the Ver 2 SlingPlayer for PC (prior to 2.0.3) for direct IP video streaming or Slinger (https://github.com/GerryDazoo/Slinger).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8anu6bc35iwp2um/firmwaredb.zip/file

Also this is the entire and complete archive of Sling's remote control files (including skins for players and BIN files).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ti7a9jwtrjtaop7/remotedb.zip/file

Within this zip is the IR-SBAV folder of the various model Slingbox firmware bins; that can be uploaded to you box as a custom remote. Inside these folders are CSV files with information on which remote BIN is applicable to each remote model. For info on how to do this see https://slingbox.fandom.com/wiki/How_to_upload_custom_remote_.BIN_files_into_your_Slingbox

Hope this is of help to others..
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've included links to both of those too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: