JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bricked Extended OARUSB04G? No!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Bricked Extended OARUSB04G? No! Reply with quote

I've been making some adjustments to my remote in anticipation of getting rid of dish and replacing it with fuboTV. All was going well until I inadvertently disconnected the USB cable before an upload was complete. I noticed a problem when I pressed a key on the remote and none of the device LEDs flashed. I thought maybe I had a battery problem so I replaced the batteries with fresh ones. No joy.

I decided to reconnect the remote to RMIR and download. The remote connected and the download looked good. Then I decided to upload a previously-working image file and the upload completed normally. But, when I disconnected the remote from the computer, I had the same problem -- no response from the remote to any key press.

I tried to perform a factory reset, but couldn't do that because there was no response from the remote when I pressed and held the setup button.

At this point, I was ready to seek help here, thinking the garbage can was the next stop for the remote. Instead, I recalled that Graham's manual for the extender includes detailed instructions for uninstalling the extender, so I tried that, and it worked! The TV LED flashed when I disconnected the USB cable after the uninstall was complete.

Next, I decided to re-install the extender, as described in the documentation. The install was successful, so I uploaded the .rmir file and presto! It worked, and I'm back in business.

I've seen another report of possible bricking of this remote (it wasn't bricked either) but that case did not appear to match mine exactly, so I thought I'd post my experience in case anyone else should have this problem. I hope it helps someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: