JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X10 Protocol OARUSB04G
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks. I have looked at arctech and see that it maps a D value 1-16 into a protocol parameter 0-15 by subtracting 1. I was aware of how to do that, but that is not the correspondence in X10. As far as I am aware, IrpTransmogrifier has no mechanism for converting the sequence 6,7,4,5,8,9,10,11,14,15,12,13,0,1,2,3 into 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16, which is the correspondence between D values in X10-device and device number. I did think whether it was possible to use an IRP Definitions section to achieve this, but the problem I saw was that it needs to be reversible, in order to both generate the IR signal for a given device number and decode an IR signal to find its device number and I did not think that was possible in IrpTransmogrifier. RMIR extends the equation solving facilities of IrpTransmogrifier with RMEquation.java and does enable this mapping to be done reversibly. That is what the definitions section in rm:deployment executor does, so the RMIR Learned Signals panel displays device numbers, using D parameter -> device number, and export of an X10 device upgrade as a Girr file uses the reverse, device number -> D parameter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: