JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt M

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having an issue with my ARRX15G Xsight remote not storing the activities macros. If I add a macro to an activity, upload to the remote, and then download to the remote, the activity macro is gone. I am using Linux Mint, and I tried RMIR versions, 2.10.9 and 2.12.1 and it's not working with either version.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post the RMIR file you're uploading.
Matt M

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go. TIA for taking the time to look at it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26202
Matt M

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt M wrote:
Here you go. TIA for taking the time to look at it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26202

I never did get this to work. Today I installed the software in a different computer thinking that there was something wrong with my setup. When I double click the Activity Macro, the popup to enter the macro doesn't appear. This is what my "About RMIR" looks like.
Quote:
RM Setup Editor (RMIR) v2.12.8
Written primarily by Greg Bush with substantial additions and help from Graham Dixon
Additional help was provided by:
John S Fine, Nils Ekberg, Jon Armstrong, Robert Crowe, Mark Pauker, Mark Pierson, Mike England
Incorporates IrpTransmogrifier by Bengt Martensson
RDFs loaded from C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\Remote Master\RMIR.v2.12.8-bin\RDF
Images and Maps loaded from C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\Remote Master\RMIR.v2.12.8-bin\Images
Girr version 2.2.9 IrpTransmogrifier version 1.2.8 IrpProtocols version 2020-09-10+rm2021-02-05
DecodeIR version 2.45
Interfaces:
JP1.X Serial version 0.25
CommHID version 1.2
JP2BT version 1.2
JP1 USB version 0.04
JPS version 0.1
JP1 Parallel version 0.12
System Properties:
java.version = "1.8.0_281"
java.vendor = "Oracle Corporation"
os.name = "Windows 7"
os.arch = "amd64"
Libraries loaded from C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\Remote Master\RMIR.v2.12.8-bin\Windows-amd64

I did a "Format and Rebuild" with the "Force XSight Firmware Update" checked, but it still doesn't work. Here is my latest RMIR file.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26244[/quote]
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your files are smaller than they should be. I think something is interrupting the download or there is some corruption around 27BFF.

Try to upload/download this file and see if on the Raw Data tab it goes all the way to 393F0 if you scroll all the way down to the end.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13513
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I just extended his file to match the length of the file that you posted, using Notepad, but when I try loading that into RMIR, RMIR truncates it to the 27BF0 length.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26245
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham may have to take a look at this one. I'm not sure what's going on.
Matt M

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Your files are smaller than they should be. I think something is interrupting the download or there is some corruption around 27BFF.

Try to upload/download this file and see if on the Raw Data tab it goes all the way to 393F0 if you scroll all the way down to the end.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13513

I tried that with your file, and it does go all the way to 393F0.

Thanks to both you and Robman for looking into it. Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case we don't figure it out what's going on with your file, just take my file and modify it to suit. Delete the activities and macros before you delete any devices.
Matt M

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
In case we don't figure it out what's going on with your file, just take my file and modify it to suit. Delete the activities and macros before you delete any devices.

I find this to be interesting. I got a new TV for the living room, and moved the old living room TV into the bedroom. I was reprogramming both the living room and bedroom remotes to their respective TV's and started having this problem. Maybe I deleted the devices without deleting the activities first.

I will start over with backups from before I changed the TV's around, and let you know how it goes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Sometimes if you don't do things in a certain order, you end up with orphan functions and weird things can happen. RMIR is fantastic, but it's not quite robust enough to protect us from every possible editing scenario. This sequence isn't documented anywhere, but I've just learned a few things to avoid over the years.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

There is no fixed length for the data from an XSight. These remotes do not have an E2 area in the conventional sense, instead they have a file store containing a number of user files. What displays in the Raw Data tab is a construct, an "effective E2 area" created to fit these remotes into the model expected by RMIR. It consists of a concatenation of the the user files, preceded by a 4-byte header. Of those 4 bytes, 12 bits are a bitmap that tells RMIR which files are present and 20 bits are the total data length. What the Raw Data tab displays is this data with the length rounded up to the next 1kb, padded with FFs.

In his file, the header bytes are 6F 23 44 78. The length is formed from the high nibble of the 2nd byte, followed by the 4th byte and then the 3rd. This is 0x27844 which rounds to 0x27C00 as displayed.

If there was anything wrong with the files in that concatenation, RMIR would not be able to parse them. So I do not think there is anything wrong in the data. I will load his file into my XSight Touch and experiment with it.
Matt M

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I loaded up one of my backup files, and added a new device (Sony TV). I then changed Macros, Activity Macros, and Group Assignments from the old Samsung TV to the new Sony TV, and everything works perfectly.

I can only assume that previously I deleted the Samsung TV device before I removed all references to it in my RMIR file.

Thanks to mdavej for pointing me in the right direction, and to The Robman and mathdon for taking the time to reply to my post. I'm very happy to have my remotes working properly again. Very Happy
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad all is now well. I have done a bit more investigating, as I wanted to understand what was happening. As mdavej indicated, somehow the activity macros had got orphaned so the setup you were updating was corrupt.

I mentioned in my previous post that the data in the remote is stored as a set of files. There is a macro file, an activity file and so on. There is an activity macro for every activity, even if it is empty. When the data is stored into the files, the activity macro is stored in the macro file with a reference to it stored in the activity file. Somehow the reference was there but the macro was not. You could update the macro in RMIR but it never got stored in the macro file. I found that if I created a new activity, I could set an activity macro that got stored, but if I updated the macros of your existing activities then they were not stored. So it would have been possible to recover, even if you did not have an older backup, by deleting the activities in RMIR and creating new ones in their place. How the corruption occurred in the first place, though, must remain unknown.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Page 45 of 45

Jump to: