JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Large Memory Remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swildermuth

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Large Memory Remote Reply with quote

I currently have a 8910 remote and am happy with it (except for the fact that the power button is too close to the arrow keys). Problem is that I ran out of room for macro's really quickly. Any ideas on remotes with more memory than mine?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using JP1, you don't need a remote with more memory, you just need an "extender" program that will let you store more macros in the memory you have. (The extender also makes macros faster and allows you to do things with macros that wouldn't be possible otherwise).

If you're not using JP1, then most of the UEI models have the same amount of memory as the 8910, and at least some of the models with additional memory allocate all the additional to learning and upgrades, so they have the identical macro capacity as the 8910. I don't know if any model has more macro capacity.

If you're already using JP1 and already using an extender and still ran out of macro capacity (you must have an extreme collection of macros) then the only decent answer is to get a remote in the 6011/8811 family that has had a higher capacity eeprom soldered in after market, then use the extender for that. I'm pretty sure Rob has sold some 6011's with extra capacity eeproms added, and probably would be willing to sell more. An 8811 with extra capacity eeprom is a little harder, but I expect someone would sell you one if you asked (or you could solder it yourself).
swildermuth

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you point me in the right direction for extenders? I am using JP1 to program it.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a document for the 88XX family that is slightly different but worth a general read. Then download the 9910/8910 extender and read the readme files for the specifics. Make sure to back up with an extra copy your current configuration in IR, as you will always be able to go back to that .

Then plunge ahead Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: