JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2117 w/LKP protocol/device question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcepull

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: 2117 w/LKP protocol/device question Reply with quote

I'm trying to set up my RS-2117 so that a short press of the Power button functions normally, and a long press invokes a global macro that turns off power to all devices. I am using the LKP device/protocol (not extender) to try to do this.

I have uploaded my IR file to 2117kec.ir. I have the long keypress working, but can't figure out how to have the SKP work. I've tried setting up a KeyMove on the TV:Power key that invokes the LKP device, calling phantom2 on SKP, and phantom1 on LKP. Phantom1 runs the macro that turns everything off, and works fine.

I can't figure out what to put on phantom2. If I try a macro with Power, it says "INVALID" on the remote - I assume since the macro refers back to the key that invoked it. I've tried shift-power, but it seems to have no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the unextended remote putting power in a power macro will not work not even if you shift it. So,

1) Assign the actual EFC for power to Phantom2 in a keymove for the TV device

2) In your LKP on the power button the first byte ($15) should be $51. First half is the duration and the second half is the length of bytes in the short portion of the LKP.

The way you have this set up the LKP will only work when you are in TV. Is that what you expect?

You may want to create the LKP keymove for each device and you will need to add the Phantom2 keymove for power for each device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: