JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch connection problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tajvdz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Xsight Touch connection problem Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
From my experience when the circle that counts from 5 to 0 doesn't work
it is because I have Java disabled in my browser.
Do you have any app that is blocking Java ?

if that indeed is the problem it can also explain why RMIR doesn't communicate with my remote or not?
But I had the same problem with a download that didn't start last week but after a few tries the circle started counting and download started. Yesterdat it didn't. I will check Java later..
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject: Xsight Touch connection problem Reply with quote

Also your internet speed will cause problems with the download.
I generally use modem dial-up since reliable/affordable highspeed is not available.
When it is time for me to download a new RMIR version i have to use my moble hotspot. My dial-up internet will not work at all for it
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tajvdz wrote:
Strange is that I use an older version 2.09. I checked for updates but nothing.

SourceForge made a change in the folders in which it stores files that has prevented the update checker in RMIR v2.10 and earlier from working. It will always say you have the latest version. RMIR v2.11 and later have a new update checker that does work, so if you upgrade (the latest is v2.12.1) then the update checker will work again for new releases.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Xsight Touch connection problem Reply with quote

tajvdz wrote:
if that indeed is the problem it can also explain why RMIR doesn't communicate with my remote or not?
But I had the same problem with a download that didn't start last week but after a few tries the circle started counting and download started. Yesterdat it didn't. I will check Java later..
Since it used to work and now it doesn't, sounds like a Java update could be the culprit. I'd try to re-install Java, then re-run the setup.vbs in the Remote Master folder as an admin.

I won't be anywhere near my remote for a while, so I can't troubleshoot the data connection with you. Maybe somebody else could plug in their Xsight and see what shows up in device manager under HID and/or USB areas.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated RMIR and Java. But still no connection with the remote. I have version 2.12.1 Strange is that I don't see the oprtion Show XSight registry key'.

I can connect the remote to another pc and see if it shows up as an USB device. What more can I do?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may or may not have to run as admin to see certain options. Review the linked instructions.

Trying another PC is a good idea.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried another pc. At first I got the charging icon om the display of the remorte but when I put some pressure on the USB connector I saw USB connection in the display. Back to the other pc and I also got USB connection. And it is possible to download and upload now. So It is the cable or cobnnector itslef that gives problems. Like I said I wasn't ablt to put the cable in at first. I guess it is a bit unstable now. But I was looking for qa replacemnet for my remote anyway. Only no Xsiight on Ebay.. Only the other brand. Where can I find some?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it's working.

Ebay or somebody here in the marketplace is your only option. Use this search. Nevo C3 is identical to the Xsight Touch and Acoustic Research 18G.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40%28xsight%2Cnevo%29+remote+-smart+-battery+-batteries+-rca.TRS0&_nkw=%28xsight%2Cnevo%29+remote+-smart+-battery+-batteries+-rca
tajvdz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad it is mostly USA. Those are not interesting because of high shipping costs.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never said where you are from, but it looks like you're in the UK based on your IP address. A search on ebay.co.uk shows up some for sale from Australia for £50 total. Is that still too much?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151698094823
tajvdz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from The Netherlands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: