JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

XSight learned signals decode?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted development build 3 of RMIR v2.11 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. It contains three files to replace the corresponding files in the installation folder of builds 1 or 2. Please give this a try. As I mentioned above, the Learned Signals tab now enables you to change the default frequency tolerance for decodes, and setting it to 3500 makes most of your signals decode as NEC2. They can then be converted to a device upgrade using the conversion button.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't his Pioneer learns decode as Pioneer? The Pioneer protocol is basically the NEC2 protocol except the frequency is 40kHz.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Shouldn't his Pioneer learns decode as Pioneer? The Pioneer protocol is basically the NEC2 protocol except the frequency is 40kHz.

I can answer the question of why they don't, in terms of the specification in IrpTransmogrifier, but that is Bengt's program so if you think it works incorrectly you need to take it up with Bengt. Pioneer there has a specified range of acceptable frequencies, 39700Hz-41000Hz, and the signals of the Cap'n are above that upper limit. NEC2 does not have a specified range, it just gives a norm of 38400Hz so the tolerance parameter is applied to give the acceptable range. The tolerance parameter is not applied when there is a specified range.

So with the tolerance changed from the default 2000Hz to 3500Hz as I suggested, the acceptable range for NEC2 had an upper limit of 41900Hz while that for Pioneer stayed at 41000Hz. The Cap'n's signals were in the range 41400-41700, so in the NEC2 range but not the Pioneer range even though they were closer to Pioneer than NEC2.

IrpTransmogrifier also specifies the device codes used by Pioneer, which if I recall correctly were supplied by you. They are 163, 164, 168, 170, 173 and 175 and are used as a secondary discriminator to select between NEC2 and Pioneer. The Cap'n's signals are 161. I don't recall how DecodeIR distinguishes between the two protocols, but it also decodes them as NEC2.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pioneer Blu-rays use 161
Pioneer CDs use 162
Pioneer DVDs use 171

So those should be in the list too.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted development build 4 of RMIR v2.11 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. It changes the upper frequency limit for Pioneer from 41000 to 42000 and adds Rob's suggested additions to the Pioneer device codes. In build 4 the Cap'n's signals decode as Pioneer without any change to the frequency tolerance. Bengt will have to decide whether or not to include these changes for Pioneer in a future build of IrpTransmogrifier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: