JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TV1454 codes needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crocodile

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: TV1454 codes needed Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I'm looking for as complete as possible list of EFC codes for Philips/Magnavox TV1454.

Thank you

P.S
Decoding learned codes didn't help either Sad
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe if you posted an IR file containing the learned signals, one of the experts here could take a stab at decoding them.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not much point posting the file of learned signals in this case. Most likely they are all ordinary RC-5 signals. Even if a few are RC-6, the problem isn't likely to be in the decoding.

It's hard to guess the problem from a post giving that little information: Model of JP1 remote? Model of TV? Protocol and device number of the decodes (most likely RC-5 device 0). What functions you expect to find that you don't have yet?

If I had to guess, it would be that the problem is understanding the way that setup codes for RC-5 are decoded with three different possible EFC numbers for each OBC and in this case only one of the three (if that many) would be right).
crocodile

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV -- Philips 55PP9401
Remote -- URC 6131 (w/ extender)

TV0054 (RC-5) has almost everything I need but menu navigation (menu, exit, select, up , down, left, right). As I outlined in original post I tried to decode learned codes (obviously using another remote -- URC7800) but none of decoded EFC seem to be working. I've almost gave up but decided to try "last resort" option -- URC 6131 built-in codes for my TV.
There were two of them: 0054 and 1154. This is how I learned TV1154 is exactly what I need. The problem is where I can get EFCs for TV1154. Is it possible to dump my remote's ROM and snatch them from there?

Thanks for your help. Regards,Anton
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you mean 1454 as you said in the earlier message, not 1154 as you said in the above reply.

So what is wrong with the decoded signals?

Each decode should display RC-5 protocol with device 0 or 3 and an OBC (command) value and three EFC numbers.

For TV/1454 the first EFC is right if the OBC is less than 64 and the device is 0. The second if the OBC is greater than 63 and the device is 0. The third if the OBC is less than 64 and the device is 3.

For TV/0054 the first EFC (of each set of three) is the same as in TV/1454 but the other two are reversed (the second EFC is right if the device is 3 and the OBC less than 64).

If any device 3 EFC's are greater than 63 or if there are any device numbers other than 0 and 3 you would need another setup code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: