JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-4005 One for All battery compartment cover missing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donibroek

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: URC-4005 One for All battery compartment cover missing Reply with quote

I purchased the One for All URC-4005 back around 1999. It was never abused, in fact seldom used, kept safely without batteries, because I'd lost the manual and codes.

Now having found this site, I've tried the codes for several devices, the remote blinks like its supposed to, but I get no on/off, play etc.

The battery compartment cover is missing. Could this have anything at all to do with the devices not responding to the remote??
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battry cover doesn't affect how the remote works, except for when it lets the batteries fall out of course, but this obviously isn't the case for you because the LED is flashing.

It sounds more like you just haven't found the right codes for your devices, either that or the remote's IR-LED isn't working.

If you mention what devices you're trying to control and what codes you've tried, we can potentially advise you if those are the right codes.

If I can track down a battery cover for this remote, would you want it?

Btw, here's a couple of relevant pages on my site for the URC-4005...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/manuals/ofa-old.shtml?URC-4005
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofaold/4005.html

And here's where you can find your 3-digit setup codes...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofaold/
donibroek

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

It being somewhat late here, I did try one code for a Magnavox t.v., which did work. What tipped me off was the reference to "3 digit" codes. Apparently I forgot to drop the leading zero. So far, it works with the magnavox, and I will wait til the morrow on testing further. If perchance there is a battery compartment cover out there to be had, I most certainly would appreciate the convenience.

Thanks to all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: