JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Skyworth HC-7202 Cable TV Box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Skyworth HC-7202 Cable TV Box Reply with quote

Hi!

Need some help finding a working on screen remote for Skyworth HC-7202 Cable TV Box HD with Orange Romania as cable provider. The original physical remote that came with the box is working fine, I am unable to control the box through my Slingbox 500. I previously used a different cable provider,everything worked just fine, found a on screen remote that was functional.I tried the bin files that are stored here, none of them are for this specific model, PL or RV bin files , they didn't work. The volume controls and mute are the only one that are working, nothing else. No matter what on screen remote I try, best it does is that when I do channel up or down, i see a picture freeze for a second, but doesn't do anything else. I did reset the Slingbox 500 couple of times, still same issue. Channel up and channel down for the on screen remote is all I need for this one.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a JP1 file for your exact box here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14476

so I used it to create a BIN file here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25766
Julian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, this one is working, Power , Guide, Menu is all good. Channel up and Channel down dont do anything, but I can change channels using the Tv Guide or the numerical buttons, thank you again! I used the PL bin file, the Rv one doesnt work for my slingbox
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of the other buttons do anything? Perhaps the up/down arrows work as CH+/- or maybe skip+/- ?

If you're willing to spend some time working with me, we can probably find all the remaining buttons. I could create some test upgrades with all the unused codes and you could test them. Let me know if you want to try that.
Julian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up, Down arrows work through the menu, guide navigation as intended, same with left, right arrow buttons.
Last button is working fine also.
Page+ and Page- are grayed out.
Info button doesn't do anything.
Menu and Guide are working.
Fast forward and Rewind go through channel info timeline for the day when info tab is active
Skip forward and skip backwards go through the channel numbers when info tab is active
play button opens the menu
pause button acts like an ok button
Ch+ and Ch-, including the ones at the bottom right on the remote dont do anything, just a second picture freeze when they are pressed

Thats kinda all of them, thank you for your help
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were to make some test upgrades, would you be willing to try them out to see what they do?

Other buttons that you didn't mention whether they work include:
colors (red, green, blue, orange)
ok/select
exit
record
stop
Julian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, Ill work with you on this

colors (red, green, blue, orange) - same like for the original remote for the cable box, they dont do anything unless is a context menu, Red - adds to fav when tv guide is on, yellow and blue go 24h back and forth through the guide, didnt find anything for the green one, yellow is also language change when the info is on for a tv station, basically the colors work as for the original remote, didnt find any context menu for the green one though

ok/select - works as intended

exit - on the original remote I have a Cancel button, pretty weird behavior, sometimes works same as a back , sometimes as a exit button, depending on the context. As an example if I have the main menu on screen, press cancel on the physical remote goes into a mini info tab, press cancel again , clears out the info goes to clear picture. In this situation the virtual remote, exit button doesnt do anything for the first action performed by the cancel button, but it gets rid of the mini info tab

record - i dont have any recording capabilities on the cable box, nor a record button on the physical remote, the record button on the virtual remote doesnt do anything

stop - doesnt do anything, also not part of the physical remote
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've created 6 PL_BIN files which cover all the OBCs that we haven't tested yet. I've tried to weight it so that the buttons in the first file are more likely to be good than the ones in the last file.

Obviously, the buttons that the codes are assigned to mean nothing, so keep that in mind when testing, and keep in mind that some buttons only work in certain screens.

Just in case you're interested, I've included a spreadsheet that shows which codes are on each button.

What I need from you is, something like this:

file - button - function
test1 - play - works CH+
test3 - stop - works CH-
etc

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25768
Julian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C2001_PL.bin
None of the buttons are working, tried also contextual menu for the colored buttons or arrow buttons, not doing anything

C2002_PL.bin
power button acts as a CH+, with the guide on acts as a Page up button
Last button acts as CH-, with the guide on acts as a Page down button
Nothing else is working

C2003_PL.bin
Menu button opens not the menu, but a sub-menu behind it, like user setup, tv setup, pressed again doesnt clear it
Yellow button clears out the mini info tab for the tv channels, but doesnt work as a info button to bring it back on
Nothing else is working

C2004_PL.bin
Fast forward brings the guide on, doesnt clear it when pressed again
Page- acts as Last button
Red button brings the Favorite setup, not favorite channels, doesnt clear it when pressed again
Digit 3- brings on the Message sub-menu, doesnt clear it when pressed again
Digit 4- brings on another sub-menu, the MyBookings sub-menu, doesnt clear it when pressed again
Exit button- when pressed getting another sub-menu, Home->Help, doesnt clear it when pressed again
Select/Ok - button acts as a Cancel button, when a menu or sub-menu is on screen is going to clear it
Nothing else is working

C2005_PL.bin
Play button- brings on the guide, doesnt clear it when pressed again
Nothing else is working

C2006_PL.bin
None of the buttons are working, tried also contextual menu for the colored buttons or arrow buttons, not doing anything

These are the results, tested every button on clear screen and contextual menu also, Thank you
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, thanks, I will combine them into a single upgrade file. Apart from the CH+/- buttons, do any of these represent buttons on the original remote, or are they all new functions?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the bin file per your results.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25766

I have put the following functions on non-standard buttons:
info - user setup menu
white - favorites setup
enter - clear mini info tab (1)
play - guide on (1)
rew - guide on (2)
stop - last ch (2)
ffwd - clear mini info tab (2)
skip- - myBookings sub-menu
pause - Help sub-menu
skip+ - Message sub-menu
Julian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate your assistance, the new file works great, the functions that you mapped for the remote work just fine.

I've posted a picture of the original remote, see the link below:

Thank you so much!

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: