JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

program nvidia shield RC to Nevo C2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: program nvidia shield RC to Nevo C2 Reply with quote

Can the Nvidia Shield remote be programmed to the Nevo C2? Thinking about upgrading to the shield but want to use my Nevo C2; thanks.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nvidia Shield will respond to IR commands. The file here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14747 will work fine.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the model. Some lack IR. But a plug-in USB IR dongle will solve that.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Depends on the model. Some lack IR. But a plug-in USB IR dongle will solve that.
Is the USB dongle the go between (literally) the shield and the nevo c2? How does it work?
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USB dongle plugs into the USB slot of the Shield and as far as the Shield is concerned, it acts just like a USB keyboard. Any remote can send IR to the dongle. The dongle is trained one time to emulate specific keys when it receives different IR commands.

Older models of the Shield received IR with nothing added. Newer models require a dongle. There are multiple brands, but here is one that I have experience with: https://flirc.tv/more/flirc-usb

EDIT: I should have mentioned: If you have a USB keyboard, either wired or wireless, you can check out what a remote can do for you. Connect the wire, or USB receiver for the keyboard to the USB slot of the Shield. Read the instructions for operating the Shield and try the keys on the keyboard. If you can do what you want with the keyboard, then you can program the FLIRC to send the same keys when it receives IR commands you teach it. The teaching process requires you to plug the FLIRC into your PC. After you have trained the FLIRC, the PC is no longer needed. Pllug the FLIRC into the Shield and you can now command the Shield from your remote.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also just mention that the HDMI-CEC on the Shield actually works pretty well. You may just be able to turn on HDMI-CEC and use your TV or Receiver to pass commands through.

I am actually now off IR completely and using my Shield + RF remotes with HDMI-CEC to control everything. Of course 'everything' is now a lot smaller group of devices than 5 years ago - just the Shield, Receiver, and TV/projector.
radunn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
The Nvidia Shield will respond to IR commands. The file here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14747 will work fine.
Will file work for the Nevo C2? Perhaps I'm missing vital information..... thanks
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the file will cause the Nevo C2 to be able to send commands for the Nvidia Shield. The problem is - if your Shield is a recent model it will not receive commands from the Nevo or any other universal remote. That is the issue being addressed by all of our other responses. It can be made to work, with some effort.
radunn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
Yes, the file will cause the Nevo C2 to be able to send commands for the Nvidia Shield. The problem is - if your Shield is a recent model it will not receive commands from the Nevo or any other universal remote. That is the issue being addressed by all of our other responses. It can be made to work, with some effort.
I don't have the Nvidia yet; plan on buying it. What model should I get that will work; thanks....
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any that you buy new (not used) will need a dongle to work.
radunn1955

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: programming TK628 (Linkstyle, Wokei) to Nevo C2 Reply with quote

Just purchased TK628 (Linkstyle, Wokei) airfly remote to control my nvidia shield 2017. It does a great job. I have a Nevo C2 RC that I would like learn the new remote to but am unable to do so at this time. Instructions are not too clear but supposedly it is a learning remote.

Any and all help is appreciated.!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried searching for the answer, but I can't tell whether the Nvidia is controlled using IR or RF signals. If it's IR, you should be able to learn the signals using your Nevo, but if it's RF you won't be able to.

There is an upgrade in the file section for the Nvidia Shield:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14747
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best I can tell, the remote in question is essentially a wireless HID keyboard/mouse similar to a Logitech. It uses it's own proprietary RF to communicate with its own USB dongle. Radunn must have plugged the USB dongle into his Shield and is using the remote as a keyboard/mouse. So there is no IR to be learned.

Since the 2017 Shield has no IR receiver at all, the Nevo would require the addition of an IR dongle like the FLIRC mentioned above.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Program TK628 (aka Linkstyle, Wokei) remote to Nevo C2 Reply with quote

I have the TK620 remote but am unsuccessful programming it to the Nevo C2. It controls the Nvidia Shield box (2017) therefore I want program it to the Nevo C2. All attempts to program it resulted with 'key not learned.'

Any and all help is appreciated; in advance thanks!
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another alternative is HDMI-CEC - the Shield does not use many buttons, and is one of the few devices that I find HDMI-CEC works well with. You need to turn on HDMI-CEC on both your TV and Shield, then you can use the IR receiver on the TV to control the Shield.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: