JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Multiple REX-433

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomba

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Multiple REX-433 Reply with quote

I have two Nevo C3 remotes (kitchen and basement). If each room has it's own REX-433 will they only pick up the remote in the same room, or will I get stray signals from the other room?

If so, is there a workaround to limit the REX-433 to only pick up one signal and not the other?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every REX will pick up every remote. No way to isolate.
Tomba

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I set two of the REX-433's up and was hoping they'd be out of range of the other rooms remote. No such luck. The RF from the 2 Nevos hit both REXs.

Wouldn't be a big deal except I have a Tivo Bolt in both rooms. Kitchen REX picks up a channel change from the basement Nevo and vice versa. Crying or Very sad

I'll have to investigate other work arounds.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem. You can change the addresses of the Tivos and the IR code sets to match in your Nevo.

Using the original Tivo remote (might also work with Nevo, but I've never tried), go to the system info screen, change the address on the remote by holding TiVo and Pause and then pressing the number you want to assign (I recommend 1 for the first and 2 for the second, just needs to not be 0), then press any button on the remote. That will change the address on the TiVo. Info screen should indicate new address. Repeat with the second Tivo and remote using address 2.

For the first Nevo, in RMIR, edit your Tivo device and change the Unit code on the Setup tab from 0 to 1, ok to save, save, upload, test.

Repeat on the second Nevo except use Unit code 2.

A while back I programmed somebody's JP1 remote to control 9 Tivos independently with a single remote (used a multiplexer in that case). Works great.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Using the original Tivo remote (might also work with Nevo, but I've never tried), go to the system info screen, change the address on the remote by holding TiVo and Pause and then pressing the number you want to assign ...

If I remember correctly, that button combination causes the Tivo remote to start sending slightly different signals which have a unit code built into them. If you send such a signal when the Tivo is in the System Info screen, it registers the unit code in the unit. So this can be replicated using the Nevo but the process is slightly different. You can't do the button combo thing (ie, press TIVO and PAUSE together), you would need to load new Tivo upgrades into the Nevo with the right unit code programmed.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The info screen is under HELP in TiVo menu.
Tomba

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the assistance guys. This past weekend I tried changing the IR code on my Tivos with the original tivo remote, and it looked ok on the sys info screen. The missing piece of the puzzle for me was changing the unit code for the tivo devices in RMIR.

I think I'm set. Until the boss asks me to fix / break something else.

Coming from a former Home Theater Master user I'm just now getting into the Nevo world after a brief attempt at Harmony (which I really hated). The Nevo is very similar to my HTM remotes, just need to pick up on the nuances of RMIR. Really appreciate the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: