JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic PT-50LC13 HDTV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerryr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Panasonic PT-50LC13 HDTV Reply with quote

I just got this tv (rear projection LCD), and have been trying to determine discrete codes for the thing without much success.

TV/0250 works for most of the buttons on the remote. I tried 128.4, as suggested in some other posts, but the only EFC in there that does anything is 238, for incrementing the screen aspect. I used the setup key to go through all 256 of em.

I also tried 128.9, since IR fingered this subcode when I learned one of the keys. Out of all 256 EFCs, only 099 did anything (select card input).

What I'd like to locate are discrete power off/on, discrete input selects (component 1,2,3,4, video 1, 2, DVI, tuner), and discrete aspect selection.

I also tried the Panasonic-53WX52-RPTV.txt file someone mentioned but none of the above discrete codes from it worked.

Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, my remote is a RS 15-1994.

-Jerry

(hi Rob, I'm back!)
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,

I participate in the Discrete Forum over at Remote Central and AFAIK, no one has found discrete commands for power or inputs for the Panasonic LCD displays.

I think some inputs may auto-select if you turn on the connected VCR, DVD, HDTuner, etc. Panasonic TV's usually will always go to tuner if you press Ch+/- so use that as an anchor and a macro for C+|Video Toggle=Video 1, C+|Video Toggle|Video Toggle=Video 2, etc.

On aspect control, you may be able to set up an aspect default by input like 16:9 for DVD in the setup process for the display.

I wish I had a more optimistic answer for you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Panasonic PT-50LC13 HDTV Reply with quote

jerryr wrote:
(hi Rob, I'm back!)

Would you be Mr. Rubinow by any chance? If so, VERY long time, no see, welcome back. Are you back for real?
jerryr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Panasonic PT-50LC13 HDTV Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
jerryr wrote:
(hi Rob, I'm back!)

Would you be Mr. Rubinow by any chance? If so, VERY long time, no see, welcome back. Are you back for real?

Is Buffy fluffy?

I'm back at least for a little while. Now that I finally got an HDTV, I needed to refresh my JP1 memory to get the trusty 1994 working with it. Looks like there have been some pretty cool extenders invented since I was last around.

Jon - well that's really annoying. The TV is great in every other respect; I wonder why Panasonic dropped the discrete codes? Looking at the manual, there doesn't appear to be a way to set aspect defaults, but thanks for the suggestion. You can tell it to look for "ID-1" information in the video signals and automatically set aspect based on that, whatever that is. In any case, if it remembers aspect settings on a per-input basis, it's not a big deal. I'll have to check this when I get home. The power button is the most annoying, and the input selection a little less so, but at least there's a workaround for it. Thanks.

-Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: