JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can I program my Onkyo DR-S2.2 DVD Receiver???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bplives

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Can I program my Onkyo DR-S2.2 DVD Receiver??? Reply with quote

I just purchased the 8-1 universal remote. I had no problem getting the TV and cable box done. However no matter what codes I type for any Onkyo device I can't get any of them to work? I use my Onkyo as my DVD player as well as my audio from my cable box. I also tried the learning function with no luck. Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bplives,
Am I right in assuming, based on the fact that you have posted in the general forum, that you're not a JP1 user?

Also, could you be a bit more specific about the remote you are using, here are just some of the "8 in 1" remotes that you might have...

One For All brand...
URC-8910
URC-9910
URC-9960

Radio Shack brand...
15-2116
15-2117
15-2138

Some older One For Alls...
URC-9800
URC-8800
URC-8090
URC-8080
bplives

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct Rob, I am not a JP1 user. Do I need to be? The remote I purchased is a Radio Shack model 15-2138. Sorry I did not provide this information in the original post. Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bplives wrote:
You are correct Rob, I am not a JP1 user. Do I need to be?

I don't know yet. If you were a JP1 user you could almost certainly get your remote programmed, but without JP1 you are limited to just the codes that are built into the remote, and if there isn't a code for your DVD, then your SOL.

I am surprised that learning didn't work though. Onkyo generaly uses standard format IR signals that the 15-2138 shouldn't have any problem learning, which leads me to suspect that there may be some user error in the learning process.

I don't remember the exact steps for the learning process (as the 15-2138 is a Kameleon), but the important part is this...

Once you have put the Kameleon into learn mode and have pressed the button to be programmed, then you should start pressing the Onkyo button right away (ie, don't wait for the blinks to stop). When you start pressing the Onkyo button, the blinks will stop but keep pressing the button until the Kameleon gives a double flash.

The instructions in the manuals generally aren't very clear on this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: