JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Examples of extender macros, KMs and ToadTogs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimschott

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Examples of extender macros, KMs and ToadTogs? Reply with quote

I am curious to know if anyone has a list of typical or popular macros, key-moves and toggle functions....I'm exploring new things to do.

I'll include my list below + some notes as a beginner...these some things I learned in my first attempt(s) using extenders (I use the Radio Shack 15-1994):
1) It took me a while to figured out that I could go straight to the most recent extender (Extender5 for the 15-1994)…there are more features and the documentation is much better than earlier versions
2) I thought it would be easier to start with an early version (fewer features=easier?) Not so. Start with the latest version.
3) If you are new to extenders, then skip the ExtInstall.exe steps. Simply upload the extender directly onto the remote
4) ExtInstall.exe is important/useful if you have existing macros and key-moves and you want to preserve these. Frankly, they take some rework & programming anyway, and I found it was easier to start from scratch anyway (e.g. skip the ExtInstall.exe step…use this after you are familiar with extenders).
5) You can download and save the current remote configuration before uploading the extender (it can be re-loaded later, esp. if you want to refer to any existing programming, macros, key-moves, device codes, etc.).

The documentation for Extender5 gave some great examples. I wanted more, and I'll post these in case the can be helpful to anyone else.

ToadTog to press the "ENTER" key automatically when dialing a new channel on my TV (this works if you use only channels 00 - 99, and not beyond). My TV requires the ENTER key whenever I punch in the two digits to select a new channel. For example, the hex code is:

11 95 95 12, 95 is channel "shift-1" and 12 is ENTER (this uses "shift/cloaking" - see the readme)
11 96 96 12, where 96 is "shift-2" for channel 2

Key-moves mapped onto device keys…to 1) switch control that key, 2) turn the device power DiscreteON, and 3) switch the TV input to that device. Example for the VCR:

Key-Move: VCR = xs-DISPLAY is TV TV 0000 $02 ($02 switches to Input2 on Sony)

Key-Move: VCR = xs-POWER is VCR TV TV 0000 $3A (use EFC 227, VCR "Power On")

Macro: VCR = P_TV;M_VCR;C_VCR;T_VCR;O_VCR;xs-DISPLAY;xs-POWER

Key moves to set up the PIP (TV input on big screen; VCR input on little screen). I also added a key-move for audio-swap. Note the extra X_TVs, added to add slight delays (otherwise it was to fast for the TV)

Macro: SHIFT-PIP =
X+TV;CH+;X_TV;CH-;TV/VIDEO[A/B];PIP;SWAP;CH+;X_TV;CH-;X_Cancel

Key-Move: TV xs-SWAP = TV 0000 $3F (here, TV=Sony=0000; audio-swap = $3F, EFC 187)

Macro: SHIFT-SWAP = X_TV;xs-SWAP;X_Cancel

Macro to set up the TV "Sleep" function for all devices. Again, this is cloaked (with cloaking, if the shift-sleep command is not defined, it reverts to the unshifted function of the key, which is "sleep"!). Cloaking is often used to avoid loops.

Macro: SLEEP = X_TV;SHIFT-SLEEP;X_cancel

Some additional macros (details are not documented here):

Macros to add VCR "search" and index search functions on the shifted keys for FFWD, Rewind, etc.

A simple Macro and ToadTog for the MUTE function:
- Toggle off: MUTE, Vol-, Vol-, Vol-, Vol-, Vol-, etc.
- Toggle on: Vol+, Vol+, Vol+, etc. (…use more Vol-'s than Vol+'s)

And a simple Macro and ToadTog to turn on the SubTitles (create key-moves for TV, VCR and DVD)

Also, a simple Macro to adjust TV brightness/contract all the way down, or half-way up

…And finally, a NIGHT toggle, to adjust Mute (silent), add subtitles (on) and brightness (dark)…perfect for night-time viewing when your wife is trying to sleep. The NIGHT macro/key-move uses the ToadTog feature to forceON or forceOFF the states for MUTE, SUBTITLE and BRIGHT/DIM (since Mute and Subtitle, etc. might not be in a synchronized state to begin with…).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: