JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote conflicts in same room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackching

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Remote conflicts in same room Reply with quote

Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i figured id come to the pros for this one. Smile I have two tvs in the same room, one hisense and the other insignia. The insignia uses IR and the hisense uses IR or bluetooth. Anyhow when using the bell satellite remote 5.4 on the insignia it would interfere with the hisense like turn the volume up or turn the tv off/on. The bell satellite remote model 5.4 for the hisense on the other hand does not conflict with the insignia at all. It is a weird situation if you ask me. I tried different remote codes for the insignia with all the same outcome. i need to get rid of this conflict. Any ideas appreciated.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Insignia a Roku tv? If it is you might be able to switch to WiFi from IR. You'll need WiFi remote like rc-al5 or rc-al7.
jackching

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
Is the Insignia a Roku tv? If it is you might be able to switch to WiFi from IR. You'll need WiFi remote like rc-al5 or rc-al7.

Not roku. Not even smart.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I'd try simply covering the IR window on the Hisense. If your Sat remote still controls the volume, then it must be doing it via CEC, and you're ok.

Otherwise you'll have to get a universal remote system with addressable IR.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have solved a lot of oddball interference with different devices.

To find out if this is solvable the first thing that needs to be done is figure out if the two devices are using the same signal, same protocol with same parameters. Or is it a case of mistaken identity.

I have a TV that responds to any series of Nec1 dittos by turning the volume up! Not a great thing with when your husband can't hear, and is not looking at the TV when he's operating the remote. In that situation I went to using non repeating Nec1 signals (the slingbox variety)

I also had my XMP cable box switch to some obscure channel when I hit the aspect ratio on my Sharp TV with a totally different protocol. In that situation I tweaked the Sharp Protocol to push the frequency out of the XMP range.

Even if they are the same protocol, you might want to customize the protocol of the offending signal to see if you can push it to the edge of the frequency or timings, where the desired box responds, but the other device doesn't. It is a trial and error solution that can be quite time consuming and requires you to get into the more obscure uses of JP1.

Also if they use the same device and subdevice you can see if their are other OBC's for the functions you need, that don't do anything on the sensitive device.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
First I'd try simply covering the IR window on the Hisense. If your Sat remote still controls the volume, then it must be doing it via CEC, and you're ok.

Otherwise you'll have to get a universal remote system with addressable IR.

Covering the window with tape seem to have cured the problem. thanks

@vickyg2003 thanks for that input also
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: