JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IO Data HVTR-BCTX3 codes for slingbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpm0nki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: IO Data HVTR-BCTX3 codes for slingbox Reply with quote

I have an IO Data HVTR-BCTX3 DVR device and want to use it with my slingbox 500. I think I was able to get the remote codes captured on a Nevo c2 remote and imported them into RMIR, but can't figure out how to export it as a binary for use with a slingbox. I was following the directions here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Create_Custom_Remote_Controls_and_use_them_on_your_Slingbox

I have the RMDU file that I pulled from the remote, but I don't see a way to add it to this post.

Looking for suggestions on how I can get this to work. Happy to send the RMDU file I have and for the final slingbox file to get added to the repository with the others.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change remote type from nevo c2 to slingbox pl chip from the dropdown list and select export to binary from the advanced menu in remotemaster. You can upload file to this forum by going to file section and selecting uploading file.
jpm0nki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that as well, but the only thing in the drop down for me is "nevo c2" I'd thought I'd pulled the version of RMIR that was supposed to have all the needed templates and such, but it doesn't seem to have the options I'd think. Should I maybe adjust the device type form "cable" to something else to enable the choice of slingbox for remote?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a full install of RM with all of the RDFs, you can select the Slingbox as the remote.
jpm0nki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do see a likely rdf in the rdf directory; SLINGBOX (Slingbox - fake RDF)[1].rdf
but not sure if there is some step I missed that might prevent the program from recognizing it.
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post your rmir file or rmdu file to diagnosis area?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you captured learned signals, the next step is to create a brand new RMDU file using the info in the learned signals. That means, selecting the right protocol, entering the right device codes, and then entering all the button info along with their codes. Did you do all that?

If you're only seeing the Nevo in the drop down, I suspect that you're starting with an RMIR file and you are trying to edit a device upgrade for that remote. You need to have a stand-alone RMDU file that you have opened using RM (not RMIR) in order to convert it to be a Slingbox file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: