JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adding buttons to Hollywood+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snuffy2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Adding buttons to Hollywood+ Reply with quote

I'm currently using my 2116 with a Hollywood+ receiver, by using this keymap:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/DVD/REALmagic_remote_for_15-2116.txt

Everything works great, but I need a few more buttons. I was browsing around and came accross this post that said that the Hollywood+ receiver can only detect the Hollywood+ remote BUT it can support 64 commands.
http://www.girder.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4508&highlight=hollywood

The keymap I'm using and the Hollywood+ remote itself don't have 64 buttons, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add the other buttons to create a FULL keymap?

I'm not using the hollywood+ software, I'm using Girder, so the theoretical function of the button isn't necessary, I can program Girder to do whatever I want.

So affer all that, how can I add these extra buttons to the keymap? Can anyone tell me what the Hex, OBC or EFC range would be or how I can determine it (the above links might help determine this)?

Thanx
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the OBCs for this upgrade in KM, you'll notice that all of the OBCs in the range 0 thru 31 have been used, then they also use 6 from the range 64 to 88, which seems a bit odd.

If you want to add new functions, I would suggest that you stat with OBC 32 and work your way up to 63. Given that they've already used 6 OBCs above 63, you might only be able to go as high as 57, but try it and see.

You won't be able to include all 64 function codes in a single upgrade though, as none of the JP1 remotes have that many buttons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: