JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adding one code - download fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Adding one code - download fails Reply with quote

I've customized my Nevo C2 with a bunch of activities for 3 different rooms in my house. I wanted to add a function to one activity on a soft button. I learned it and then tried to download back into RMIR but got an error.

I'd like to add the "Source" button from a Samsung remote. It doesn't seem to be in whatever original file I used (there is an input button which does something different).

My question is, what is the easiest way to do this? If I can avoid figuring out why I get a download error, that is probably easier. I would imagine that means finding that source IR code somewhere. Not sure where to look though.

I am using the 2.07 build. I verified (I have 3 remotes) that the download works from remotes I haven't learned that source button from.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can tell me your samsung (tv?) model.
I can then learn the source button from my harmony remote and tell you the ir code.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are numerous Samsung TV rdmu files in the files area that have the generic source toggle as well as discrete codes for most of the individual inputs. Samsung TV's have pretty much used the same code set for a long time so almost any one of them would work

Why adding a code prevents the remote from downloading is another question. Odd that it would happen because the two are not related in any way.
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll take a look.

One annoying thing is, using the remote that came with the tv, the source button brings up a menu and it seems the enter key or right arrow is also needed to make a selection.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why the discrete codes are so useful.

For example on my Samsung there is a discrete code for "HDMI1" that directly selects that input. In my macro to watch the cable box I turn on the TV (with a discrete on) and then select input HDMI1 because that's where the cable box is connected. I do the same thing for my DVD player, which is connected to HDMI2

That way you never have to use those stupid menus.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is probably something odd about the learn that RMIR can't handle. Graham will probably need the RMerror file as well as the raw image you tried to download.

I have found that learns play a critical role on the Nevo.
Activities just don't cut it for me. I need certain functions from multiple devices in every "activity" mode. This is something I accomplished with keymoves on my other remotes.

So I use "learns" where I would use keymoves. But I don't actually do the learning, I create perfect learns with one of Barf's tools, IRscrutinizer and then drop them into RMIR.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, you can still do keymoves. No need to resort to learns.

Whatever device you have assigned to the Soft buttons in your activity, edit that device, and on the Buttons tab, add any functions from another device there. Same goes for whatever device you have assigned to the hard buttons. Just add functions from other devices on the Buttons tab. End result is identical to a keymove.
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to copy the code from a file for the source button. I was really hoping to find a source button that will cycle sources (rather than show a menu). Whether I use the source button with enter/exit or discrete codes for sources I would need to use soft buttons which I want to avoid. I was hoping to just use the "input" button to change sources with one key.
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaeljc70 wrote:
I was able to copy the code from a file for the source button. I was really hoping to find a source button that will cycle sources (rather than show a menu). Whether I use the source button with enter/exit or discrete codes for sources I would need to use soft buttons which I want to avoid. I was hoping to just use the "input" button to change sources with one key.

So were you able to find the source button that will cycle through inputs?
My samsung tv has a source button NECx2 (7,7,1) that will do that.
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
michaeljc70 wrote:

So were you able to find the source button that will cycle through inputs?
My samsung tv has a source button NECx2 (7,7,1) that will do that.

I'm using Necx2 (7,7). I'm not sure what the 1 is. The code for the source button is 185,1,7F (EFC,OBC,HEX). That brings up the source menu. Is the "1" the OBC? Maybe it acts different on different tvs. My Samsung is a 46" lcd maybe 7 years old.
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes 1 is obc. It works on my samsung 40" tv. I can cycle all sources by pressing it repeatedly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: