JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OARUSB04G Extender 1.04 Macro Speed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: OARUSB04G Extender 1.04 Macro Speed Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up an OARUSB04G running extender 1.04 to replace my RCRP05B and, eventually, my wife's 8910. I'm making good progress -- the extender and accompanying documentation are excellent-- but one thing I've noticed is that macros run slowly, at least more slowly than equivalent macros run on the other two remotes. Is there a way to speed them up?

I see from the extender documentation that the default pause between macro steps is 300 ms and that the default signal duration is 250 ms. I can shorten the signal duration but I don't know if that's recommended if my goal is to shorten macro duration. (I haven't tried it.) I can lengthen the pause between macro steps by explicitly inserting pauses, but I haven't been able to determine if I can shorten the default pause between macro steps. Have I missed something?

This isn't a huge deal for me, but it could affect the wife acceptability factor (WAF) of this remote. I will have to teach her to keep the remote pointed at our setup until signals quit firing. She doesn't have to worry about that now, because macros on her 8910 execute very quickly.

Thanks for any help.
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really did search around before posting my question and couldn't find the answer, but it's out there. I was doing some poking around today and found the answer in this thread.

In particular, mathdon says:
Quote:
You cannot shorten the gap between the key presses, but with the extender you can lengthen it by inserting a variable length pause between them. You can also shorten the hold time of the keypresses. By default each keypress in a macro is held for 250ms and there is a gap of 300ms between them. You can shorten the 250ms and insert pauses to lengthen the 300ms, but you can't get rid of that 300ms delay.

It's interesting (to me) that the OP in the referenced thread was also trying to address the WAF. Very Happy

I'll fiddle with the keypress hold to see if I can find something that works for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: