JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6440 extender which doesn't modify the LIST key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quartermain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: URC-6440 extender which doesn't modify the LIST key Reply with quote

I want to put macros on device keys to switch inputs on a HDMI switch then control the selected input device. My daily remote is a URC-7555 and there's no extender for it so I don't believe macros on device keys is possible.

I also have a URC-6440 which I've never used. I just prefer the feel of the 7555. However there is an extender for this so I guess macros on device keys are possible. However I really don't like the fact that the extender alters the behaviour of the LIST button so that you have to press and hold to get the default behaviour.

This is the button I would use to bring up the list of recordings on my PVR and my wife would never in a million years remember she just can't click it, she has to click and hold.

I guess I could use the AV or TEXT buttons or maybe one of the two combo buttons at the top, but a button marked LIST is nice and easy to remember. Plus it's near to the middle of the remote so easy to get to.

Is there any way around this, i.e. a way of configuring the extender to use a different button?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be way off base here, so don't quote me, but I "think" the default use of the button is to execute a list of macros, like we used to do when we made use of the FAV buttons on some of the older remotes.

I think you want the modified LIST button.

I've got one of these remotes but I haven't played with it more than to set up the backlight.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quartermain wrote:
Is there any way around this, i.e. a way of configuring the extender to use a different button?

Sorry, no, it is not configurable.
quartermain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that the URC-7556 does support the assignment of macros to the device buttons after all, so I was able to achieve what I wanted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: