JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

asus tv-fm remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wfold

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: asus tv-fm remote Reply with quote

has anyone made an upgrade for this yet?

---------
upgrade file for keymap-master can now be found here
Asus_TV-FM_Remote_XPC-RC01.txt
---------

I am learning all of the original remote buttons, but my rcu810 has run out of space to learn, this is the only thing in the learning memory. Yes I know about the downsides of a rcu810, but I have managed to make it work for everything else and I am happy with it, more or less.

looking at the learned buttons in IR gives gap-xxx-xxx-17? for protocol names. Now this is the strange part for me. For each of the buttons the protocol names are different and the device code is different yet the obc code is the same. This would tell me that the remote is using slightly different protocols for each button? seems kinda unusual? here are some examples

button # protocol device sub-device obc misc
0 1 gap-344-635-17? 48 0 192 30.80.1
1 1 gap-340-632-17? 58 0 192 3a.80.1
2 1 gap-340-614-17? 42 0 192 2a.80.1
3 1 gap-318-626-17? 26 0 192 1a.80.1

I can post more info/file to diagnostics area/etc if anyone want to look at it. Just let me know what you want and/or how to get the info you need

I have also read another post about needing an eprom image to add support for new protocals to decodeir.dll, how does one generate the eeprom image with jp1? and is it the eeprom of the jp1 remote or original remote ( I have had it open too, but no manufacturer info/etc inside)

thanks for any help/ideas/etc

Last edited by wfold on Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Download from remote" in IR, save the file and post the file in the diagnosis area. Let us know when you did that by reading the sticky post about pasting links to the yahoo files and providing a link to it in your reply here. One of us will take a look and decode the commands manually.

Since IR reads and writes to the remote's EEPROM, we call that process above "saving the EEPROM image."
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: asus tv-fm remote Reply with quote

wfold wrote:

looking at the learned buttons in IR gives gap-xxx-xxx-17? for protocol names. Now this is the strange part for me. For each of the buttons the protocol names are different and the device code is different yet the obc code is the same. This would tell me that the remote is using slightly different protocols for each button? seems kinda unusual?

Please follow Jon's instructions, above. But if you're currious, the "gap" decode is a way of looking at general class of unknown protocols and making guesses about the structure and decoding as if those guesses were right.

It has guessed (apparently correctly) that this is a simple 17 bit frame.

It has guessed, obviously incorrectly, that the OBC is the last 8 bits of the frame. (The OBC is clearly contained within the first 8 bits). Since the program misguessed which part of the signal frame contains the OBC, it reports that part (which never changes) as the OBC.

DecodeIR looks at only one learned signal at a time. Even IR.EXE can't know that these four signals all came from the same original device. You know that, but have no way to tell IR, and IR would have no way to tell DecodeIR. So observations about the structure that are obvious when you compare these four different signals from the same device, are impossible to make based on any one of them at a time.
wfold

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help

I have posted a file to yahoo with learned buttons 0-9, if you need more learned codes let me know.

rcu810_asus.txt

also would there be a doc describing how to understand the eprom file format from ir.exe . I have looked at the rdf and see what sections are what in the eprom. Breaking out the individual commands/codes seems a little more difficult ( at least to me currently). I would like to be able to decode the learned buttons and follow what gets done to understand them

thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't investigate that now. I assume Jon will have the answer before I can. But if he doesn't and I forget, please remind me in a couple days (I doubt Jon would wait that long).
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wfold,

Learn the rest of the commands to help with the last details.

My best guess is the following protocol:

{38K,MSB,100}<3,-3|3,-8>(30,-15,F:6,S:6,D:5,^-302)+

the division of the 11 bits between S and D is completely arbitrary. It looks like F is 6 bits but time will tell.

where D=3

the two digit number is F (aka OBC)

0 03
1 23 CD
2 21 TAPE
3 22 TUNER
4 15 TV
5 13 VIDEO A
6 14 VIDEO B
7 31
8 29
9 30
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going out of town tomorrow, so I went ahead and created a protocol upgrade and KM Master device upgrade for this.

You can use the gap decoding this way:

when you see
0 1 gap-344-635-17? 48 0 192 30.80.1

Open IR, select tools|efc calculator, and enter the first numeral after the question mark "48" into the LSB box. The Hex will come out as 0C.

Place an "h" in front ==> h0C and paste that in the OBC column in the functions tab (that is what was learned in numeral 0).

I have included both the KM file and Protocol Builder file in case I am not available and my byte boundaries are wrong (with additional decodes)

So test numerals 0 through 9 to see if they work with your gear. And then decode the rest and see if those work, too.
wfold

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted 2 more files with the rest of the remote

let me know if want anything else

thanks

rcu810_asus_1.txt
rcu810_asus_2.txt
wfold

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Jon

I was composing my reply while you posted your last note, I'll attack it and should be able to get things going. The KM stuff seems okay, I'l have to read the protocol builder docs to understand the rest.

I'm not in any rush for this, I still have plenty todo with the rest of the system.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I had already created a spreadsheet to decode it so it dropped the new files in.

It is really

{38K,MSB,100}<3,-3|3,-8>(30,-15,F:7,S:5,D:5,^-302)+

meaning that the function(aka OBC) is 7-bits not six. Again the S:5/D:5 assignment is arbitrary.

I revised the Protocol and KM Master file (make sure you change the remote to the RCU-810 in KM Master.) I included all the functions in three groupings (original file, second file, and third file) under the functions tab but only assigned the Power button to test the device upgrade.

So you should substitute the real function names and then assign those commands in the buttons tab.

The link that I previously posted will take you to the new file.

Let me know if this is too sketchy Smile
wfold

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that was fast, I just managed to get all the stuff decoded and loaded in my remote and now you have a nice km sheet for me too. I haven't even decided where I want all the buttons yet.

I'll fetch your sheet, try it out and let you know. When I have an upgrade that is complete/working/tested i'll post it to yahoo and here

thanks Jon
wfold

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have build and tested the keymap-master upgrade

the only untested buttons are (for now)

tv/dvr , fm , music
pictures , video , dvd/menu
shuffle , repeat , scan-reverse

keymap-master file
Asus_TV-FM_Remote_XPC-RC01.txt

protcol builder file
Asus_TV-FM_Remote_XPC-RC01-PB.txt

thanks to jon_armstrong for all the real work and the knowledge

jon -

the protocol file is identical
the keymap-master file has had some buttons relearned and a layout that works for now added to it
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: