JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox 500: Remote CableBox Mexico: Technicolor DCI747MEG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balperro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Slingbox 500: Remote CableBox Mexico: Technicolor DCI747MEG Reply with quote

Hello,

We recently received new Cable Set Top boxes from our TV Cable Provider in Puebla, Mexico. The company, MEGACABLE.

With these new boxes we cannot control them anymore with our Slingbox 500.

The Cable Box in question is: Technicolor DCI747MEG.

Following your advice, I will try to address the questions template for us newbies.

1. What model Slingbox do you have? Slingbox 500

2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped ‘Continue’ on the M1 & M2)? The database does not include this Cable Box. I also posted my request on Sling Tweeter in USA and in Mexico, but no response in 2 weeks.

3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down) Yes, nothing works.

4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files? We have Slingbox 500, not the Solo.

5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work? No. Nothing works.

6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500/M1/M2 have you tried using the external blaster? Yes that's what we always use.

7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass. Yes, we have tried that. We also have an IR Repeater, LeapFrog and placing it right at the spot where the Slingbox IR pyramid blaster is and using the original remote control from the box and it does work. It sends the IR codes from another room and the LeapFrog does pass the codes to the box and it works.

8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote? Yes. It is brand new.

9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it. Confirmed. It is IR based.

10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ? It is set to Cable.

11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help. We have done this once at the beginning of our search and nothing works.

12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know. I followed an old post to Alan Richey a great member of JP1 when he helped someone who had found the IR *.bin file in the Logitech Harmony Universal remote data base. The Cable box DCI747MEG is in indeed in the Logitech Harmony Remote data base. I hope this helps to extract/export the *.bin file and then uploaded to the Slingbox 500 using the customize remote option.

UPDATE:

P.S. The Harmony Database shows DC1747MEG. It does not match quite like it. It places a number 1 instead of a letter I.

On the other hand, the Manual that comes with the box says: Remote Control URC2030

And then on the upper parts of the manual it refers to a box: MUG2030S-B.
This Cable Box apparently it is included in the Logitech Harmony Data Base, but again, not on the Slingbox Data Base.

Thanks in advance to Alan and to anyone who could help us.

Regards,
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this onw

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25012
Balperro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Slingbox 500: Remote CableBox Mexico MEGACABLE: DCI474MEG Reply with quote

Dear Alan,

YOU DID IT!

This remote works just perfect. Only two keys are missing (Record and OPC), but I cannot be happier!!

Thank you so much for your help, time and expertise.

Have a wonderful day!

Balperro
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added the Record button, but I am afraid the OPC function is not defined in the Logitech database.

Use: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25354
Balperro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Alan,

Once again. Thank you very much for your work.

I will be at home later tonight to try it and I will let you know. I already downloaded the updated version.

Best regards,

Balperro
Balperro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Alan,

I just uploaded the new remote you sent to me and even though the REC button is now enabled in the virtual remote, nothing happens on the actual Set Top Box using the computer interface. Strange enough, while using the Sling App on an Amazon Fire TV Second Gen, the REC button actually works. On a side note, the REC button on the Sling App on iPhone does not work either. It seems that Sling just recently updated the iOS App and things got a little out of whack.

I am not planning on using the iPhone nor the computer to record shows; therefore, not a big issue. As long as it works on the Fire TV, my family and I are happy campers.

Let's say, I definitely have to set a recording on my computer or iPhone, I can certainly navigate through the menus and enable recording from the EPG. A few more clicks, but not a deal breaker.

The main commands, ON/OFF, Channel UP/DOWN, numeric pad, MENU, OK, REW/FWD and PAUSE work like a charm.

I sincerely appreciate your work, expertise and promptness to resolve this problem. My kids and wife are back to their routine (myself included.)

Please let me know if there is something I can do for you.

Regards,

Balperro
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's an issue with the RECORD button in the app itself, we could program the RECORD function to a different button or a custom button if you think that would help.
Balperro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello The Robman,

I really appreciate your help and I do not want to abuse your time. If you can reassign the REC function to another key that will be awesome, but again, I can certainly live without it.

I have passed your website to other friends and family members who live here in the US and abroad. I have brought them into the Slingbox world throughout the years and want them to learn from all your contributions and from other great people like Alan who give their time and expertise to your community. I personally use various Slingbox boxes heavily internationally and nationally and your website, its wealth of information and database are a true treasure.

Thank you very much, Sir.

Regards,

Balperro
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a problem with the REC button, I have checked it out on both e a PC and on the iPhone and it works perfectly. Normally I would have said the code must be wrong, but I have double-checked and it matches the Logitech Harmony code. And if it works on the Amazon Fire app then it must be the right code.

Basically I have mo idea how to fix that Very Happy
Balperro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alan,

I agree with your comments. I believe it might be something related with Apple and not with your codes.

Again, thank you for exhausting all possibilities.

Kind regards,

Balperro
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here you go:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25355

This version has the RECORD function on the ENTER button. In addition, I have programmed some random functions to the "custom" buttons that use codes that were not covered in the existing buttons, this is to help you search for the OPC button. Basically, try all of the custom buttons to see if any of them do anything. If any of them perform a function, please make a note of what the function is and which custom button it was on.
Balperro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rob,

I have downloaded the file you posted. I will test it tonight and I will get back to you both with my findings.

Thank you so much for your help.

Balperro
Balperro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents,

Just to report that I could not test the remote last night. Family matters came up.
Please allow me tonight to verify.

Thank you,
Balperro
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping us posted, take your time.
Balperro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rob and Alan,

I am back. I have been able to play with the remote. I have the following findings.

Using the latest Rob's build, V2011_PL.bin

Red Custom button = Rec

White Custom buttom = Back

MENU takes you to the Main MENU as it should.

GUIDE prompts a mini guide at the bottom, not the Full Guide

INFO = Channel Up

PAGE + and PAGE - are both disabled

LAST = Takes you to the Full Guide

While watching a channel, with not prompts on the screen, clicking on the OK button = Guide just for that particular channel that one is on at the time.

Enter button = Does nothing while on show with no prompts.

Unfortunately no button is assigned for OPC. OPC allows you see OPTIONS. OPC, while being in GUIDE screen, and moving forward in time, and select a future show, pressing OPC allows you to select between TUNE IN (change channel and watch that selected show) or REC (record the show regardless if it is on the current channel or a different one).

I will post my findings with Alan's Technicolor V2010_PL.bin and then on using Huawei Q22 files.

Thank you again,
Balperro
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: