JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Polaroid LE32GCL-Y

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Polaroid LE32GCL-Y Reply with quote

1. Device: Polaroid LE32GCL (also re-branded as VELTECH LE32GCL)
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year:
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC 7140 R02
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes

I can't seem to get ANY codes on this remote to do anything on the TV, I know it works as I can half control it using an Android IR app (set to ELEMENT codes, who I think also rebrand Polaroid TVs) , but having no luck at all with any of my remotes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't answer question #10, does your remote have learning?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the manual, your remote does have learning, so have you tried learning the functions that do work from your Android app? If we knew what those signals looked like, we might be able to find you an upgrade that work the rest of them.
frankie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowly getting somewhere with this. I have to admit I didn't realise this was a learning remote, for 13 GBP that makes it a bargain. Anyway, RMIR has this to say about the learned functions. I think I've figured out how to make an device upgrade from this and a brief test shows it working.

Code:

dev sub obc  hex
TV  Power  24  38095  NEC1  2  125  70  9D
TV  1      24  38095  NEC1  2  125   1  7F
TV  2      24  38095  NEC1  2  125   2  BF
TV  3      24  38095  NEC1  2  125   3  3F
TV  4      24  38095  NEC1  2  125   4  DF
TV  5      24  38095  NEC1  2  125   5  5F
TV  6      24  38095  NEC1  2  125   6  9F
TV  7      24  38095  NEC1  2  125   7  1F
TV  8      24  38095  NEC1  2  125   8  EF
TV  9      24  38095  NEC1  2  125   9  6F
TV  0      24  38095  NEC1  2  125   0  FF
TV  AV     24  38095  NEC1  2  125  75  2D
TV  -/--   24  38095  NEC1  2  125  66  BD
TV  Vol+   24  38095  NEC1  2  125  15  0F
TV  Vol-   24  38095  NEC1  2  125  90  A5

So now the question becomes how to figure out the rest of the codes? Do I have to go through the process I went though years ago, trying each and every keymagic code until I get them, or is there a simpler way?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, I might have been able to point you in the right direction, but unfortunately not this time. I checked our file section, we only have 2 other upgrades with NEC1 2.125 and while the number buttons matched, the rest of them didn't. So, next I tried looking at UEI upgrades and I couldn't find anything with NEC1 2.125, so yeah, you'll have to go searching manually.

However, you don't have to manually try each EFC like you did before, just create a 2nd upgrade that also uses NEC1 2.125 and program each of the buttons with OBCs that are not in the list above, the load it to the remote and test it, if any button does anything, make a note of what it does then come back to your RM file to see what the OBC was.

Just be warned that this does carry some risk with TVs as there may be codes that will reset your colour, etc settings. However, normally, the secret codes just take you into service menus, so if you find yourself in a service menu, don't change anything, just exit it.
frankie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy
Just to prove anyone can actually do this, I've managed to spent a few hours earlier figuring out codes and testing, and now have a working remote upgraded to control the TV Very Happy Very Happy

There's still a few features I've not yet found the code for, things like TEXT and PLAY/STOP I don't seem to be able to find, which is a little odd as there are a few obvious gaps in the OBC numbers I would of expected to be these functions, but not to worry, I can live without them.

I'll upload the .rmdu once I've checked it out properly.

Thanks again, and thanks to everyone who made this possible, I can remember what a total nightmare jp1 was when it was in its infancy, having a straight forward program like RMIR and Remote Master makes the process relatively painless, without those I would never of bothered figuring it out.

Now.. about this PURE DMX-50 I have that needs a remote......
Wink
frankie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and for anyone reading this because of a Google search for Service Menu, on these TV's its

MENU 1149
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please load up the RMDU file as it is now, in case you forgot to load it later. Remember, you can always update it later if you add improvements. Too many people forget to load the files, that's why I ask.

frankie wrote:
Oh and for anyone reading this because of a Google search for Service Menu, on these TV's its

MENU 1149

Is that a typo? I was expecting either a 3-digit EFC or OBC code.
frankie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploaded.
Quote:

Nope, on these, and quite a lot of these OEM TV's, the service menu is quite easy to get to with just the standard remote if the know the sequence to enter.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankie wrote:
Uploaded.

Do you have a link?
frankie wrote:
The Robman wrote:

Nope, on these, and quite a lot of these OEM TV's, the service menu is quite easy to get to with just the standard remote if the know the sequence to enter.

I think you missed my point, I know that you can access the service menu using JP1 remotes, in fact I warned you about it before you started searching. My point was that I was expecting either a 3-digit OBC or EFC code for the service menu. You posted a 4-digit code which is why I questioned it. If you post a corrected code, please state whether it's an OBC or EFC.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I found your file. I notice that you loaded an RMIR file, so I replaced it with an RMDU file. I didn't see the service menu code in there, so could you please confirm what the code really is. Thanks Frankie.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25319
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: