JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adcom GCD-600 CD changer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwehlitz1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Adcom GCD-600 CD changer Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a remote that will definitely control the Adcom GCD-600 CD Player? The CD player is still great, but I don't have a remote for it.

I also have an Adcom pre-amp which does have a working remote. There are DIN plugs on the back of both components, and if I could find or make a cable to connect these, I could then control the CD player from the remote for the pre-amp. If anyone has information about the pin outs of the Adcom cable, it would be easy to make one.

Thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is IR data for that exact Adcom model in a CCF file at RC.

That data matches the UEI setup code CD/0234.

So far as I can tell, CD/0234 is built-in on only the 15-2104, which is quite hard to find at this point.

With a JP1 cable and any JP1 capable remote, you could easily add CD/0234. There is an upgrade in the JP1 files for an Adcom GCD-575. That is a large subset of what is in the CCF for the 600.

If you decide to use JP1, tell me once you have the remote and cable at least ordered. I can complete that posted upgrade file so it has all the commands from CD/0234 and from the CCF file.

JP1 is by far your best alternative (unless you find a Radio Shack that still has 15-2104's in stock at the $10 clearance price that made them sell out rapidly) but if you're unreasonably scared of JP1 you can get any modem upgradeable UEI remote and have CD/0234 added over the phone. You could also get a cheap UEI remote (urc6012w from Walmart) and call UEI for approval to mail it back to them to have CD/0234 added (I think you pay for just the phone call and one way postage, they don't charge to do the upgrade).
jwehlitz1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Adcom GCD-600 CD changer Reply with quote

Hi,

I really appreciate your willingness to help. I'm not scared of JP1, it sounds like a great solution. I will buy an appropriate remote in the next few days. I haven't decided yet whether to order an interface or to make one; it's mainly a question of available time.

I'll let you know when I have the remote and interface.

Thanks,

John Wehlitz
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want, I can pre-load this code into a remote for you. See if you like any of the remotes listed in the link below.
jwehlitz1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Adcom GCD-600 CD changer Reply with quote

06-07-04

Rob,

I didn't forget about the JP1 remotes or the Adcom CD changer, but I've been out of town for the whole month of May.

Do you still have the URC-8811 remotes available?

Thanks,

John Wehlitz
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: