JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Channel Master CM-7003 OTA signal converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpa1953

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Slingbox M1 bin file for the new Channel Master CM - 7003 Reply with quote

That did the job!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, I'll upload it.
ARad70

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a Channel Master CM-7004 tuner box. I tried the remote code for the CM-7003 and all is good... except the power button does not function. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the power button to work? All of the other buttons work nicely.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q1. Are you using this in a Slingbox or a remote?
Q2. Are you using a built in code (which one?) or did you download a file to use (which one?)
Q3. Have you tried assigning the POWER code to a different button to see if there's a problem with the code itself or the button that it's assigned to?
ARad70

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q1. Are you using this in a Slingbox or a remote?
[color=blue]Using it with a Slingbox Pro-HD.[/color]

Q2. Are you using a built in code (which one?) or did you download a file to use (which one?)
[color=blue]I double-checked and I downloaded the remote file for the Channel Master DVR+ (CM-7500). The remote for that unit was more similar to my tuner box, and most functions worked (except Power). When configuring the remote in Slingbox source setup, I uploaded the custom bin file. [/color]

Q3. Have you tried assigning the POWER code to a different button to see if there's a problem with the code itself or the button that it's assigned to?
[color=blue]No, I haven't tried that. I will have to find instructions for that process. I should note that the actual physical remote for the tuner box has separate ON and OFF buttons (not just a Power button). I'm wondering if that's part of the issue. [/color]
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARad70 wrote:
I just purchased a Channel Master CM-7004 tuner box. I tried the remote code for the CM-7003
Why didn't you use the CM-7004 Custom Remote ?
ARad70

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only saw a Custom Remote for the CM-7003 as the latest version, and it didn't work. Is there a Custom Remote for the CM-7004? I didn't see it listed for Slingbox remotes.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you are looking but there are seven Channel Master Custom Remotes in the Slingbox File Section. The CM-7004 is at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11222
ARad70

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't see the CM-7004, the link is for the 7400. I've tried the seven custom remotes, and the only one that I've had any success with is the "Channel Master DVR+"... and that's the one that does not provide the Power button function. I may end up just leaving the box on all of the time so that I don't have to worry about using the power button when viewing remotely.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my fault, Alzheimers kicking in Very Happy Unfortunately I cannot help as the 7004 has not appeared on the Logitech Harmony IR database where I get the codes.
ARad70

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for trying. I will continue to watch for the code if it eventually becomes available. I know that this tuner box is new, so it may take a while.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to try searching for other OBC codes that may control the CM-7004, download the RemoteMaster software ( http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101110 ) and then use Advanced->Import Binary Upgrade to import the V1518_PL.bin file for the CM DVR+. The Setup protocol shows NEC1(no repeats) device=254 subdevice=1. The functions tab shows all the OBC codes known. You can add more OBCs here and then in the Buttons tab, you assign the functions to the virtual buttons for the Slingbox. After you've assigned the new OBC functions to the virtual buttons, use Advanced->Export Binary upgrade to create a new V1518_PL.bin and test it out on the Slingbox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: