JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chicony KB-9820 IR keyboard - need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbrux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Chicony KB-9820 IR keyboard - need help Reply with quote

I have a Chicony KB-9820 IR keyboard, which I am using with an Intel Compute Stick running Media Portal under Windows 10. It is theoretically possible to learn the keys with my Pronto emulator, but it is extremely difficult, due to the often-discussed problems of separating key-up, key-down and repeating signals, not to mention learning over 100 keys.
After reading a few threads on this forum, I almost gave up hope, because I quickly got lost in the explanation of how to build a protocol. Fortunately, I came across this RMDU in the files section:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10082
Unfortunately, contrary to the assumption made in the description, key-down commands alone are useless to me. For example, if I send the "Up Arrow" key-down, the PC interprets this as meaning that it should repeat "cursor up" until it receives the corresponding key-up.
I see that the key-up codes can be created by changing the device number, but the only way I can see to do this would be to clone the device, as the RMDU doesn't appear to support multiple device codes. This seems unpractical, as I would then have to create 100+ macros including the codes from the two different devices.
Furthermore, I would still not have a device to use to control the PC. In another context I already tried to create a "virtual" device whose keys all came from macros or from other "real" devices, but I was unable to use the result. The resulting device appeared only in RMIR's "General" tab, not in its "Devices" tab. It was neither uploaded to my Xsight Touch, nor was it saved in the RMIR file I saved.
Besides creating a single device upgrade with both key-down and key-up codes, I would also like to add more keys. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be most welcome!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like that executor just generates either the UP or the DOWN command, but not both. It should be fairly simple to create a new one that generates the DOWN for as long as you hold the button and the UP when you release it, if that's what's needed.

If it is, I will give it a shot.

Just for reference, here's the original Chicony thread:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=218

Here's the original Chicony KM file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=304

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25177
rsbrux

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't had time to follow up on this. Your new version is a great improvement, but still suffers from "sticky (repeating) keys". I am going away for a while, will touch base when I get back.
Many thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: