JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mecool KIII Pro - Android Box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luizfmcamargo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Mecool KIII Pro - Android Box Reply with quote

Hello everyone ! I just bought this Android Box, Mecool KIII Pro, and need help to configure the remote to work with my slingbox m1. Can someone help me ?

Best regards.

Luiz
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I would, but that box hasn't made it onto the Logitech Harmony IR Database yet.
luizfmcamargo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan, thanks for the quick reply. I found this site https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-stick--console-computers/amlogic/setup-logitech-remote-amlogic-m8s-tv-box-t3333006. Basically it's saying that the Pivos XIOS DS Media Play is compatible with Amlogic S CPU device. Perhaps it could happy you with the file for the Slingbox.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, try this http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25192

Only fair to warn you that if you don't follow the instructions in the README file properly and in full I will not help any further. I have been let down too many times.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Only fair to warn you that if you don't follow the instructions in the README file properly and in full I will not help any further. I have been let down too many times.

Basically, if your next post is "it didn't work", you'll be on your own. If it didn't work, post the answers to the 12 (or so) questions in the instructions.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the word Luiz, did it work?
luizfmcamargo

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Alan and Rob,

Sorry for the late reply. I was not able to test because the box was not working properly. Now I have to wait the replacement that Geekbuying sent to me. I live in Brazil and the postal service here is terrible. I think I can give a feedback to you in about 10 to 15 days. 

Please my apologies again for the late reply. 

Best regards.

Luiz
karaokecab

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Did your replacement work? Reply with quote

Just wondering if your replacement worked...

I'm using a dinosaur DreamLink T6 for iptv using ProgTv as the app and slingbox to stream it. I need an updated box so I can use a better version of kodi or iptv app... This one seems to force close all the time.
luizfmcamargo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there ! It's working properly. Sorry for the late reply.
karaokecab

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the sling control it fine? all remote buttons work?

I'm seeing the price of that box is a little steep at is about the same cost of the Nvidia Shield during the prime day special. Do you know if any of the lower end boxes already have the slingbox codes?

I bought a box a month ago for a client that had more data capacity then that one with 3GB/32GB octocore for about $90.

I have the old grandfathered unlimited data on a USB modem in my taxi cab since 2007 and I've been using the sling devices to allow my customers to watch sports in the cab ever since the original Sling - Tuner came out. I owned the Sling Tuner, the Slingbox HD Pro (2010) and now the M500 model. It's the only thing I've found that can keep up with the bandwidth changes that verizon throws at me when it comes to live tv.. other than of course subscribing to sling tv.. lol
luizfmcamargo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buttons are working fine. This box is recommended only if you are gonna use with a satellite dish or cable. If you are going to use only for IPTV, I do not recommend.
karaokecab

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you recommend for just iptv?

Does this device work with the actual cable system? meaning I'd have to call my cable company to activate it (as a cableCard) system device? only asking as it looks like a good fit for a friend of mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: