JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BBTV New Set Top Box Old Remote Bin File Problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received OK. As expected it uses the MCE protocol, the same as we have used before (and for which we do NOT have a version that sets the repeat rate to zero).

A few 'oddities'.

There is no code for Rewind/FastForward/Record ?
Do you not have a Page+/Page-
No Colour buttons ?

I've put a new BIN file at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25082 and compiled it as 2011 to avoid any conflicts. So test that to make sure all buttons are defined and confirm it still shows the 'double-click' symptom.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Alan,

Apologies for the long delay. Strangely, the Bin file you created does not work. I get no response from the STB at all, not even the 'double-clicks.'

I originally had no access to the remote, so I had to instruct my dad over Skype on how to teach new commands to the Harmony 300. It was kind of a messy business.

Now that I finally got my hands on the remote, I registered a more thorough (hopefully more precise because I personally did it) list of commands to the Harmony 200 (TWO hundred) under Roku. I also include a picture of the remote here in case it's helpful. As you can see the left/right direction buttons function as fast/forward button. And there are no page up/down buttons.

https://imgur.com/a/C2McS

Should I pm you my Harmony login info again? As always, thank you so very much, Alan.

Best Regards
-Allen
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

1. You are skating on thin ice with that reply. You obviously have not read the installation instructions in full as I ask in the README file. So before you do anything else please do that.

2. For future reference you have made both our lives difficult by learning the buttons under the Roku. Why didn't you make it easy and add it as a new device?

4. Actually your dad did a good job, your new learns are identical to his.

I've refreshed the BIN file with the coloiur buttons. It's at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25082

But as I say, the protocol is dentical to the last one.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi alan. I have a working slingbox able to control bbtv stb with my old bin. I ulpoaded your bin and nothing is working. Now I will answer your 10 questions later. But before that may I ask why in your custom protocol the protocol code is only on hch08 chip?

I am under the impression that a slingbox has a s308 chip?

I am almost a newbie to this custom protocol, so my observation may be nothing. Just want to ask anyway.

I will try to answer your 10 questions now.

Thanks.

Last edited by chuliu on Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What model Slingbox do you have?
slingbox 500
2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped ‘Continue’ on the M1 & M2)?
no
3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)
yes
4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files?
n/a
5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?
no
6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500/M1/M2 have you tried using the external blaster?
I don't have a ir blaster for my slingbox 500 so I can't test it.
7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.
n/a
I had no issue controlling bbtv with my old bin, but cannot with your bin.
8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote?
yes
9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.
yes.
10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ?
n/a
11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help.
no
12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know.
yes, unfortunately you probably won't find it helpful anyway as the OP has provided his harmony login and such.

Alan are you trying to build MCE from scratch?
I checked your bin and it had 8 device codes and I see protocol code for hc08 chip.
As said, I am newbie to custom protocol especially to protocol involving assembler. I guess I will wait for good news from you.

Thanks.

Last edited by chuliu on Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
But before that may I ask why in your custom protocol the protocol code is only on hch08 chip? I am under the impression that a slingbox has a s308 chip?.
Sorry, I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Maybe an expert on the chips can comment ?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the questions but they don't help. All I can say is that to the best of my knowledge the codes in the BIN are exactly the same as the ones on your Harmony.

I produce the BIN files using a program called Remotemaster, which does not require any understanding of protocols and chip sets.

Sorry
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Received OK. As expected it uses the MCE protocol, the same as we have used before (and for which we do NOT have a version that sets the repeat rate to zero).

A few 'oddities'.

There is no code for Rewind/FastForward/Record ?
Do you not have a Page+/Page-
No Colour buttons ?

I've put a new BIN file at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25082 and compiled it as 2011 to avoid any conflicts. So test that to make sure all buttons are defined and confirm it still shows the 'double-click' symptom.

Alan,
May I ask why the bin file you created when I open it in remotemaster, it showed custom protocol and had 8 devices? MCE wasn't the protocol.

I am using rmir 2.06.

That was what led me to think you were building mce protocol from scratch and set repeat to zero.

Thanks for reply in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:

1. You are skating on thin ice with that reply. You obviously have not read the installation instructions in full as I ask in the README file. So before you do anything else please do that.

2. For future reference you have made both our lives difficult by learning the buttons under the Roku. Why didn't you make it easy and add it as a new device?

1. 1. Slingbox PRO-HD
2. no error uploading bin file
3. yes
4. n/a
5. no
6. IR blaster is fine
7. IR blaster placement is fine
8. yes
9. yes
10. n/a
11. yes
12. yes

Echoing chuliu's reply, I should've mentioned that that I was able to control my new STB with the old bin file as well, albeit with the 'double click.' So I think the overall setup asked in your questions should work properly.

2. I don't know if there's a way to add a completely blank device for the purpose of learning a new remote not found in their database. So I resorted to adding the commands to an existing device, such as the Roku. I hope I understand and answered your question correctly. I'd really appreciate if you could tell me how.

That being said, this question led me to a new discovery that could be helpful: I have 2 of these new BBTV boxes. They share the same remote control. Upon closer examination, one of them, like the one before it, was manufactured by some Chinese company that I could not find in Harmony database. However, the other one was manufactured by Arris, model number HMC 4000, it's a DVR device that I was able to pull up in MyHarmony. It's already been added to my Harmony 300. I don't know if this would add anything to the bin you have already created based off of my learned commands, but maybe it's worth a look. I wish I found out about this earlier. Here are the pictures of manufacture info found on the bottom of my boxes.

https://imgur.com/a/csdlJ

https://imgur.com/a/uM1GX

Thank you and have a good day.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

78904321 wrote:
alanrichey wrote:

1. 1. Slingbox PRO-HD
2. no error uploading bin file
3. yes
4. n/a
5. no
6. IR blaster is fine
7. IR blaster placement is fine
8. yes
9. yes
10. n/a
11. yes
12. yes

Echoing chuliu's reply, I should've mentioned that that I was able to control my new STB with the old bin file as well, albeit with the 'double click.' So I think the overall setup asked in your questions should work properly.

2. I don't know if there's a way to add a completely blank device for the purpose of learning a new remote not found in their database. So I resorted to adding the commands to an existing device, such as the Roku. I hope I understand and answered your question correctly. I'd really appreciate if you could tell me how.

That being said, this question led me to a new discovery that could be helpful: I have 2 of these new BBTV boxes. They share the same remote control. Upon closer examination, one of them, like the one before it, was manufactured by some Chinese company that I could not find in Harmony database. However, the other one was manufactured by Arris, model number HMC 4000, it's a DVR device that I was able to pull up in MyHarmony. It's already been added to my Harmony 300. I don't know if this would add anything to the bin you have already created based off of my learned commands, but maybe it's worth a look. I wish I found out about this earlier. Here are the pictures of manufacture info found on the bottom of my boxes.

https://imgur.com/a/csdlJ

https://imgur.com/a/uM1GX

Thank you and have a good day.

There is really no need to add to the complexity by mentioning hmc 4000 is one of the box. We already know the protocol for your box is MCE 38, and 80.
I think those hmc 4000 or hmc 3000 as well as arris entries were messed up by user uploads already because there are motorolo hmc-4000, and arris hmc-3000. Sometimes when users upload remote to harmony they didn't use upload with the correct device names. So the hmc-3000, 4000, are a mess IMO.

I think to resolve your issue of double clicking we need to ask an expert on the forum to build a custom protocol to this remote, or MCE protocol. Then change repeat type to zero. I have a letv box and it use nec1 protocol but unfortunately it had this double clicking with my nevo c2. I had to create a custom protocol for it to work correctly. Nec 1 is simple and I didn't need a executor or assembler. However, as I check the signal of a mce protocol is beyond my scope. Can someone look into it? Alan said he didn't have the expertise, maybe we need help from other forum expert, like Vicky, or Rob?

Thanks, just my 2 cents.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reply regards the executor issue raised by chuliu. In this previous thread, we found that protocols.ini has (or rather had) errors and omissions in the entries for MCE.

Release 3 of RMIR 2.06 contains an improved protocls.ini (or so I claim). I can see from chuliu's question about HCS08 and Alan's latest bin file that neither of you are using 2.06 Release 3.

I doubt that updating the software will fix the issues with the BBTV boxes, but it will provide a shorter upgrade for the RV Slingboxes, and importing a bin file into RM should give a more reasonable interpretation.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has a no repeat MCE entry to put into protocols.ini. It looks like it worked for kaz911. If it works here, then we'll put it in the release version of protocols.ini.

Here it is in the recent style we've adopted for protocols.ini:
Code:
[MCE (no repeats)]
PID=01 2A
VariantName=slingbox
DevParms=Device:7=4,OEM2:8=15
DeviceTranslator=BitDoubler(0,7,50) BitDoubler(1,8,32)
FixedData=a9 32 95 55 00 00 40 00
CmdParms=OBC
CmdTranslator=Translator(0)
DefaultCmd=00
CmdIndex=0
Code.S3C80= 47 93 81 8B 09 00 05 37 01 A4 00 DE 00 CE 08 00 \
58 04 37 50 06 37 00 03 B6 04 F0 37 52 06 37 00 \
03 B6 09 C0 2C 08 38 0B CF 10 0C 10 0B DF 10 0C \
10 0B 90 C3 FB 03 B6 0C 03 2A ED 1C 12 F6 01 4C \
77 71 38 03 F6 FF 67 38 04 F6 FF 63 B0 C6 87 36 \
05 F6 FF 67 20 C6 37 66 F5 77 70 C6 F8 87 FF F6 \
01 58 AF 4C 04 8B 02 4C 08 90 C3 7B 09 77 70 1C \
18 F6 01 6D 8B 07 1C 16 F6 01 64 77 71 4A EA AF
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
After reading the thread my understanding is that:
1 mce is a subset of rc-m-32
2 before long aog, executor for mce was not complete, only had hcs08 while rc-m-32 has a working executor for s3c80 chip.

3 since slingbox uses s3c80, rmdu created by using mce for slingbox pl chip will have problem because it doesn't have s3c80 exectutor?
4 the original bbtv rmdu file was created using rc6 protocol, thus it has executor for s3c80 and thus works for bbtv?

That is my guess. I hope I am right.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I had to remove VariantName=slingbox in order to get RM to recognize the new executor.

chuliu, I used the new executor to create some bin files...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25120
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Dave, I had to remove VariantName=slingbox in order to get RM to recognize the new executor.

chuliu, I used the new executor to create some bin files...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25120

Tested the c2013_pl.bin on my bbtv. It works.
My stb didn't had double clicking before and I had no way to test if it was fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: