JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adding Functions Using Short Hex

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nohjy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Adding Functions Using Short Hex Reply with quote

I am trying to add JVC Projector discrete codes to my existing upgrade, but I can't figure out how to add/decipher these short hex codes (see link below). I tried putting them into IRscrutinizer, but it could not decipher them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://support.jvc.com/consumer/support/documents/DILAremoteControlGuide.pdf
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which upgrade file are you using, I could only find one JVC projector in the file section and it wasn't yours. Please post a link to your upgrade file.

What we need to do is, compare the codes for some known commands, ones that are in your upgrade file and are on the JVC list, as that will tell us how to read them.
nohjy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the RS2 file from file section. The JVC projectors have used tge same basic codes for years. All I want to be able to do is add functions for discrete custom gamma 1-3 to my existing upgrade, but I need to decipher the hex or transfer it to long hex and then decipher it using IRsceutinizer.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 23 of the linked doc explains how to use the ASCII codes on pages 7-13. In your case, just add your new commands to RM and enter the decimal value of the ASCII code in the OBC column.

The example for Menu that they give is 2E which is 46 in decimal which matches the existing menu command in your upgrade. Gamma Custom 1, 2, 3 from the table on page 9 are 3C, 3D, 3E which are OBC values in decimal 60, 61, 62. You can use windows calculator in Programmer mode to convert Hex to Decimal.

This is presumably the upgrade file you started with:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5258

The hex strings in the other tables don't really apply to IR but to RS-232 and IP control. That's why they make no sense to IR Scrutinizer.

I deleted your other thread since this answers the question.
nohjy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using the decimals of 60, 61 & 62 in the OBC column and none of the commands did anything when tried using my remote. Any other thoughts? Mdavej, as always, I really appreciate your help.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your RMIR file. I assume the gamma changes when you pick custom 1, 2, 3 via the menus? There are a lot of gamma commands. Are your sure custom 1, 2, 3 are the correct ones?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any more normal functions listed that you know will work on your projector, that you don't already have in your upgrade, just so you can do a "proof of concept"?

If you're using the RS2 file, that uses the JVC protocol with device code 115, just like the functions in the PDF, and the few I cross-checked match. So if you tried those 3 OBCs and they didn't work the Gamma Custom 1/2/3 functions, I have to assume that your projector doesn't support those functions.
nohjy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman,

I have come to the same conclusion, these command simply are not compatible with the newer JVC projectors. Thanks to both you and Mdave for your help!

John
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find any new functions from that PDF that work, even if you don't need them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: