JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Inteset extender
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the right key codes (I'm pretty sure) but they should not be allowed to be shifted or x-shifted. Check the EXCEL sheet that lists all of the keys to be sure.

If RMIR is allowing you to shift/x-shift those keys then there is an error in the RDF
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM does not allow shifting or x-shifting them, it's just that the codes are numerically shifted and x-shifted 0.

RM shows them on the Buttons tab, but not on the Layout tab.

Another very minor RDF nit: there's an unnamed phantom button with keycode $40 that RM shows as button40. It is used in ButtonMap 0.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are some odd keys in the button maps that are not on the list of physical keys in the JP1.3 remotes. RMIR doesn't really know what to do with these since they are not in the button list but they do show up on the button maps so it "invents" a name.

I did just check the keys and $80 and $C0 are correct for the discrete. Should be the same on all of the JP1.3 remotes
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think adding ":ShiftBind+XShiftBind" restriction in the RDF to button $00 will make DiscreteOn and DiscreteOff display as expected.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that there is no $00 or $40 button defined in the RDF
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just add entries for $80 and $C0 to the button list? AFAIK there is no bar to adding keycodes to the button list that are values of a shifted/x-shifted base keycode that is not itself in the list.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$80 and $C0 are in the list of defined buttons as DiscreteOff and DiscreteOn.

The challenge is that RM "invents" a button "Button40" because it finds it in the list of defined key codes in the device validation list. That button doesn't really exist but it is in the list that is in the remote. And from what I remember that list in the RDF needs to match what's in the remote (because the remote uses indexes into that list somewhere)

I don't think there is a button defined anywhere with a value of $00, either in the remote or in the extender.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Got it installed in my Inteset 422-1 last night. Working great! So much better to use the the URC-6440.

I primarily use the extender for faster macros, but also the key-sets for activity-like macros.

The only hiccup is that the DiscreteON and DiscreteOFF phantom buttons are keycode $80 and $C0, or shifted and x-shited $00, which RM doesn't show on the Layout panel. That's probably an oversight on my part many years ago.

If I find the time I might try to fix it.

Greg

i spent some time looking at the RDF for the remote. Key value $40 is in all 4 of the button maps but it's not a physical button on the remote. Like I said the JP1.3 remotes "invent" these keys that do special things and they are in the button lists. When this happens RM looks at the button lists it gives that button a name (Button$40), even though it's not in the button definition list.

But I don't see why it's inventing those as Shift $00 and XShift $00. I've not seen that before on any of the remotes. On the JP1.3 remotes (and some others) the key value of $00 is used to "terminate" lists of keys so that key value is never used anywhere. It does not show up in the remote and I don't use it in the extender (other than a list terminator)

So either I've defined DiscreteOn/DiscreteOff incorrectly in the RDF or something else is going on. I know you're involved with the development of RMIR so maybe you can take a look at why those keys are being defined that way. I did send an email to Graham a few years ago about the keys that are in the Button Maps but not defined in the Buttons list being invented and he had a reason fro it doing things this way that made sense, but I don't remember much about the conversation anymore.

Glad to hear that the extender is working for you, in general I do pretty minimal testing on it anymore since I use the same source file for all of the JP1.3 extenders with some conditional assembly based on remote signature. So when it works for one remote it usually works for all of them. I just make sure that it activates and have some debug code that I turn on when debugging to see if macros, and special protocols process the keys properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: