JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Common JP1.3 Extender V3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweh wrote:
mdavej wrote:
Iím not seeing where you activated the extender either.

Doh! It's been a long time since I've done this stuff and I forgot that step. Which is silly 'cos I'm used to pressing POWER on my 8811 to active it. Thats why I detailed every step I did. I'll check that tonight when I get home.

Thanks!

Yes, I feel so stupid now. It was obvious. Once I pressed TV/OK then it worked as expected.

Thanks!
sweh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm asking really really stupid questions, does this extender allow for hidden devices? My remote only has 5 devices, but I really have 6. Is there a way of doing this? I have a spare button I can use to select it Smile

Otherwise I guess I could create a phantom key move on a device that targets the dev/code and then create a macro that calls that that device/key... it'd work for audio punch-through (only 3 keys) but not much more!
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Atlas remotes only have 6 devices, that's hard coded into the remote itself and can't be changed.

If you need more devices you can either change to one of the remote that have 8 or you can use the device multiplexor to change the setup codes "on the fly" on one of the buttons (i.e. set a button to change TV from your TV to your STB and back) I'm not a fan of multiplexing, it's too complicated for the other members of the house, but it does work with the extender
sweh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the device multiplexer may work; I could set a macro on one key that sets the DVD device to the Samsung DVD player, and a macro on another key that sets it to the Sony BluRay.

From a user perspective it should look consistent; I just need to be a little careful with the macro chains.

Thanks!
sweh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure the device multiplexer works properly... or else I'm using it wrong

Special Function
DVD Phantom7 Multiplex DVD:code1
DVD Phantom8 Multiplex DVD:code2

Macros
DVD Dev_DVD;Phantom7;Set_Chan;Set_Trans;Set_PIP;Set_Menu;Set_Other
Shift-DVD Dev_DVD;Phantom8;Set_Chan;Set_Trans;Set_PIP;Set_Menu;Set_Other

So I press DVD then Power and my DVD player powers up
Then I press shift-DVD then Power and the BluRay powers up.

So far so good.

I then press AUD to select my Audio Receiver... press Volume Up... nothing happens. The right LED flashes but power doesn't change. Press POWER and the Aud LED flashes... but the BluRay turns off. So either I'm doing something wrong, or the multiplex code isn't quite right.

But I worked out another solution to my problem; I only need 4 primary functions from my audio device in every-day usage (vol-up, vol-down, mute, power-off) and secondary device select functions. I mapped the four primary functions to my TiVo device (vol+/vol-/mute/phantom2) and the device select functions are in each device upgrade as part of the "external functions" tab. (Which is a nice update from the old IR.EXE I learned all those years ago!)

So I think I can work around the 5 device limit without needing the multiplex addon Wink
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a Set_Vol in there somewhere?

That's what you do to set the volume to the Audio device, the volume keys will then stay there while all of the others go to the DVD.

You've got to do that at least once some time, if not it defaults to the TV device. But I'll tell you this that doing this "once" can lead to confusion so I generally have a Set_Vol in every device button macro so that I know what's going on.

Specifically on the end of your DVD macro add:

Dev_Aud; Set_Vol

now you should be good to go
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: