JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunfire Grand Processor Learned commands using IR to work in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowhunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Sunfire Grand Processor Learned commands using IR to work in Reply with quote

I have a Sunfire Theater Grand One, which used a different remote than later generation Sunfires. I tried using Keymap in excel, loaded the text file, set the code to Nec 1, sub 184, and tried to create the codes needed for JP1. My JP! remote is an OneForAll 8910. There are a few commands in the Sunfire text file what I would like to get working such as homograph and dim. The original Sunfire remote does not work, but I had "learned" and saved a bunch of the codes years ago so I have a working sample of the correct codes for JP!. I'm unsuccessful in getting any codes from the sunfire file to correctly transfer over....just the learned codes I have from the original. If someone could take a look at the "learned Sunfire.ir" file and then tell me how I need to set the Keymap program so that I can get the rest of the commands working, that would be great. I have uploaded the Sunfire Learned.ir file to diags area. and your original sunfire km file is http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=555
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25069
Bowhunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, thanks for the file, that did get the basic commands working.
I looked at the other sunfire file, which was for the theater grand 3, I was trying to get some of the missing functions working in my 8910 setup such as "dim,hologram"auto mode". I compared files, looked at the change to ecc and then tried setting up those missing commands. I was unable to get them working....I don't know if I missed something simple or they are not the same as the original theater grand.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other Sunfire file uses a different protocol and code set, so you can't copy anything from there to your file. I only missed 2 functions, I think, from your IR file and that was because they weren't learned properly.

If you want to add functions, learn them using the URC-8910 and then transpose the derived codes over to the KM file. When you enter them, enter BOTH the OBC code and the sub-device code.
Bowhunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original remote that came with the sunfire no longer works so I have no way to learn the dim, auto, etc codes....that's why I was asking if KM would actually change codes from one protocol to another. Or if there is another program I can use to create the codes from the other protocol.

Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're missing the point, that other KM file has no relation to this file at all, there is no conversion possible.

If you don't have a source for the missing button codes, your next best option is to search for them manually by trying OBCs that are unaccounted for. The thing that makes that a bit more tedious here is that your device uses a sub-device code, so while normally there would only be 256 code to try, you have 256 per sub-device code. The known codes only use sub-device codes 0, 1 and 3, which hopefully means that you only have 3*256 codes to try, but it's always possible that the missing buttons come from sub-device 2, who knows.

Here's how you search for the missing functions: save a new copy of the KM file and load it with all the OBCs that are un-accounted for so far. I have started the process by creating the first 2 test files, which hopefully shows you how to do it. You should load these test upgrades into your 8910, assign them to a device button and then test all the buttons on the remote. If any of the buttons do anything, make a note of what it did and which button it was, then go back to the KM file to see what OBC/sub-device it was and add the function to the main KM file.

I have added the starter files to a zip at the same file location above. I also noticed that my previous upgrade was using an un-official protocol, so I have switched to the official one as this is already in the 8910, so please load that and double check that it still works.
Bowhunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob....I think
Wink
I will begin with the most obvious ones and see where I get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: