JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Channel Master DVR+
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't really know the answer to any of this, but here is my opinion.
Phantoms are simply "buttons" which have a button number, but no physical button. From my point of view, by adding the xx_dev entries into the RDF, you have already added them to the Button section and they are in fact phantoms regardless of the descriptive name. Anyway, I don't think the Button section should include more than one name per button number.

With usual JP1 remotes, a phantom can be used in the same way as a normal button--they can be assigned a function number in an upgrade or have a keymove assigned. In some cases they can have macro assigned, but this macro can only be called by some other macro, and IIRC most remotes will reject a macro call if the remote is already performing a macro. Of course extenders operate differently.

With the CM remote, it isn't obvious that you can use xx_dev for anything other than temporarily changing the device mode. I doubt that one could assign a function number and have it send IR, nor does it seem likely that one would want this behavior. Clearly one can't assign a keymove to it. So my sense is that you have already chosen an appropriate name for these "device buttons".

I don't understand the question about inhibiting the shift function.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the box this remote has macros on Power on and off buttons that power each of the 4 devices. In RM the Power_On macro looks like:

Shift-Red (same button number as the TV device)
Power_On
Shift-Green (same button number as the Audio device)
Power_On
etc.

The device buttons do not exist in the buttons section because they aren't physical buttons or phantoms.

With my RDF change, the macro looks like:

TV_dev
Power_on
Audio_dev
Power_on
etc.

In the first case the casual user has no clue what Shift-Red actually does. In the second, it's obvious, at least to someone who's ever used an extender.

I can use some switches in the RDF to prohibit certain uses of my new dev buttons phantoms so they can't be used for functions, etc.

What I mean by inhibiting shift is adding the :Shift switch after each button that has a phantom in the button map at the same address to prohibit it's shifted version being used in macros. For example, Setup is $01, and $81 is the shifted version, both of which are already in the button map.

In other words, whatever you assign to Shift-Setup or button81 will do exactly the same thing, unless you prohibit shifted Setup from being used.

I'm looking for an easier way to deal with this massive button list you get in RM, the vast majority of which are phantoms. Seeing button41, button4F, buttonCD, etc. is not very user friendly, plus the button order in the button lists in the forms in RM mix real and phantoms making finding the real ones very difficult.

EDIT: I added the appropriate button restrictions to my previous post, i.e.,

Red=$1A:Shift,TV_dev=$9A:AllMacroBind,

which keeps Shift-Red from being used anywhere and does not allow Macros to be assigned to the TV_dev device selector phantom.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A user in another forum has discovered the code (PageUp/OK) for changing addresses on the DVR+ box, which I have added to this upgrade. There is no need to use the learns posted earlier in the thread. I have described the sequence for changing addresses in the upgrade notes.

Just change the Device code to the desired address (1, 2, etc.), load into your remote, then press the button assigned to the PageUp/OK command. The DVR+ with then respond only to the new address.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13826
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: