JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help - Escient Fireball CCF to Slingbox converting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
landolfi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

landolfi wrote:
Really late to the party. I want to control some old Sony changers with an Escient fireball because I can use optical and the Fireball handles the switch between changers (yes, I know I should be using FLACs on a PC instead, I'm still working on all the metadata for a large collection). Anyway, I have an Escient SWK8650E keyboard which appears to have a JP1 connector. I cannot get it to work with the Escient even after a 981 reset, although I do have an Atlas 1056 remote working with the E2 protocol Rob created. The box is a DVM100.

Do I understand from the posts above that this keyboard uses a Philips protocol, and is that protocol available in RM? Or should I try the MCE keyboard device upgrade in the file section, since that MCE protocol is something the DVM100 already understands? Anybody have any insight into this keyboard model? I don't see any keyboard RDFs here so not sure what to try.

Special thanks to Robman for the thorough documentation of the protocol, I accidentally set the box to Zone 3 and was locked out of any ability to control the Escient until I saw his note about the device code being sent for FB1-4. I modified the device in the upgrade to 3 and voila, I'm in!

Never mind, I had the insight to try to get a signature from RM but it can't download anything from the keyboard. So I guess it just looks like a JP1 connector.
landolfi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does have a UEI logo, though. So does that mean it's JP1? I just has the label HEAD on the PC board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: