JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 device upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Quite a few issues with your Onkyo device. I attempted to fix what I could.

You entered your new codes down one row from the actual function. So DSP got overwritten with the VID 1 code.

You had two function 10's. I renamed one to 0.

Since your learns have two different subdevices, 108 and 109, you have to use NEC1 Combo protocol.

You appear to have entered some OBCs in the EFC column for some functions.

Some functions probably are supposed to use subdevice 108 instead of 109. If you have trouble with any, learn them again to find the correct subdevice.

I kept your learns in the version below and moved them to Soft1 and 2. I put the new OBCs and subdevices for VID 1 and CD on the num keys where you tried to put them.

You may also want to assign your vol keys to the onkyo in your activity or at least set up vol lock on the general tab.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25066

Thank you for your input/assistance. The initial file was downloaded from File Section; I tried appending it to my needs.

To reiterate your earlier reply, deleting the Learned Signals/RMIR tab entries after inputing OBC values into RMDU functions tab should be performed? Again thanks.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the learns are added to your device via OBCs, they become redundant. Keeping them doesn't do any harm, but I prefer to delete them so I'm certain the new functions in my device upgrades are being used, not the learns.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

I kept your learns in the version below and moved them to Soft1 and 2. I put the new OBCs and subdevices for VID 1 and CD on the num keys where you tried to put them.

I see the same OBC for DSP and VID1 but different Sub Device numbers; I presume this is valid.

mdavej wrote:
You may also want to assign your vol keys to the onkyo in your activity or at least set up vol lock on the general tab.
I'm not certain of this as I don't use the Onkyo often.

Lastly I have an Activities Function of which I would like MBox to be displayed instead of LG-UHDTV after the macro has run. Here is the activity:
LG UHDTV:POWER(0.3)
LG UHDTV;DSCRT HDMI3(0.3)
MBOX;power(0.3)
Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's valid. Unless it's a coincidence, I think you typed the VID 1 code over the correct code for DSP. Maybe you can find the correct one in an older file or re-learn it. If you never use that function, don't worry about it.

At the bottom of the activity page, you pick which buttons go with which devices after the activity runs. So at a minimum, change the Soft buttons to the MBox device. You probably want the menu, arrows, numbers and playback buttons assigned to Mbox as well.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Once the learns are added to your device via OBCs, they become redundant. Keeping them doesn't do any harm, but I prefer to delete them so I'm certain the new functions in my device upgrades are being used, not the learns.
Can't thank you enough for your support. Anyways, direct learns I do do not have these issues. I am using someone elses file.

I Learned more buttons to NevoC2. While on Buttons tab (RMDU, "Learn" precedes the function name for newly learned keys) a balloon popup says "to change this assignment, first delete the corresponding assignment on the Learned Signals tab." After deleting from learned signals tab then uploading to the RC the learned buttons do not work. "When" do I delete from the Learned tab?

I'm learning from you; hope i'm not redundant. Do you suggest a full learn from the orig remote?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your learns won't work anymore after you delete them. No surprise there.

The idea is to learn them to some OTHER buttons that you never intend to use just so that we can discover the OBC/Device/Subdevice/Protocol to enter into your device upgrade and assign those new functions to the buttons you DO intend to use. Then they can safely be deleted.

But I think at this point, let's cut our losses, you keep your learns and forget about adding the OBCs to your upgrade. The end result will work just as well and way less confusing. JP1 is very technical sometimes and can be hard to wrap your head around. There's no shame in skipping the technical stuff and taking the easiest path.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

The idea is to learn them to some OTHER buttons that you never intend to use just so that we can discover the OBC/Device/Subdevice/Protocol to enter into your device upgrade and assign those new functions to the buttons you DO intend to use. Then they can safely be deleted.

But I think at this point, let's cut our losses, you keep your learns and forget about adding the OBCs to your upgrade. The end result will work just as well and way less confusing. JP1 is very technical sometimes and can be hard to wrap your head around. There's no shame in skipping the technical stuff and taking the easiest path.
You hit the nail on the head! (quote above/1st paragraph). Checking the OBCs of Learned Signals vs Function tab OBCs...it's obvious. I thought Learned Signals (OBCs etc.) were automatically inserted into the Functions tab?? It's interesting but I'm getting tired. Time to watch the tube... again thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: