JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spectrum 201-T cable DVR codes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what you are asking me to do Dave. It was not complicated for me to disable, learn, enable my current extended RCA Remote. That is done.

Are you saying to download the RM file from the RCA remote with the learned buttons, unextended? Post that. Also post my extended RCA RM file where all the other buttons work for the Spectrum box?

Then you build a device upgrade for the spectrum box from those two files?

Sorry, I am just not quite clear what you want me to do for you to help me.

Right now I only have worked with my one RCA remote. It has learned buttons that work when not extended. All the other buttons work when extended, but not those.

I have not done anything with my other RCA remote. I can if I need to.

So I have 2 RM IR files now, one from the disabled extender RCA that has the learned button functions for page up & down, Day up & down, On Demand, and Live. Those were the buttons I could not get to work using my other RM Old cond file that has the Motorola device upgrade, that works everything else on the spectrum box.

So what next? Post those two, or something else? This can wait until the morning too, no problem there!

Thank you again.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misunderstanding on my part. Didn't realize you already learned them. Just post your RMIR file. Then I can add them to your device so they work when the extender is enabled. And I'll explain what I did so you can do it on your own next time.
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=toplist&mode=newest&days=7&selected_date=1514777180

Hopefully I did that right! That is my extended RMR file. it is after I learned the buttons that didn't work disabling the extender.

Do you want the RMIR file I have that I downloaded from the remote, unextended, that has the learned buttons working also?
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25041

Here is that other file in case you need it.

I am going to pick this up in the morning Dave, Thank you very much for the help! I want to watch the ball drop!
sti491

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning . I noticed something about the OnDemand button. On the Spectrum remote, it basically just takes you to channel 1000. And it does it slowly. Push the spectrum remote on demand button and the translucent band comes up on the bottom of the screen and it changes channels counting slowly 1-0-0-0, until it eventually goes to channel 1000.

Apparently the RCA learning feature can not learn that long. Using the learned (extender disabled) RCA On Demand button, it does the same thing, but only gets the "1' punched in and then stops.

So while the RCA did learn Page up & down, Day up & down, and Live buttons, the OnDemand was only partially learned and it doesn't work right yet.

Can you think about the best way to fix that when you are working on my RMR file please? Maybe a macro that goes to channel 1000?
MrMoody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last file you posted still loads in RMIR as extended and doesn't show learns. I'm not sure if it's because you did something wrong or RMIR doesn't handle the disabled extender properly.

It would be simpler to learn on a remote with no extender if you have one.

Yes, sending 1000 in a macro is apparently what Spectrum set their remote to do, so that's what you would do.

I have that same model Time Warner remote but mine is programmed to control a Scientific Atlanta DVR, codes not even close.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna have to do what MrMoody said. I can’t see the learns either. On Demand is a macro, not a function, so ignore that one.
sti491

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. Not home until later. I’ll give it a try! Thanks.
sti491

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, this the link to my RMIR that I downloaded from my other RCA remote that was never extended. It does show a tab for the functions I learned from my Specrum remote for Day up & down, Page up & down, Live and Settings, that I learned to the "A(yellow)" button on my RCA. I am not using the "A(yellow)" for anything else, so it’s fine for that to be my “settings” button.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25042

This next link is to my RMIR file that works, except for the learned functions that need to be added from the file above.

Also, I added a Macro for the OnDemand button to go to channel 1000, but it is not working. Using the Spectrum remote, the Ondemand button just goes to channel 1000. I am not sure why this macro doesn’t work. Perhaps it is too fast and needs to be slowed down(?)… it’s been a while since I have done macro’s, I am not sure why it is not working. Everything else works great. I just need the learned buttons added and this macro to work please.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25043

Thank you for helping me. Besides getting this to work for me, I am very interested in how you did it so I can learn as well. I got good enough at this 2 years ago to create a lot of what is in this file with help you and others on this forum back then, but it was long enough ago that I just do not remember it all at that well now. Getting old I guess… Look forward to your results.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the file at your second link with my version which adds pauses between your On Demand macro steps and adds the missing functions converted from your learns. So download that file and try it.

I don't fully understand how this odd mix of protocols is controlling your cable box. By all accounts, the 2010 device shouldn't control anything, but it does. I'll have to do some more ruminating before I can explain what I did.

Even though my file solves your problem, would you mind posting another that includes learns of every function on the Spectrum remote, in your unexteded remote of course.
sti491

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! I knew I forgot something about adding pauses to a macro.... shift!

The new file you provided, "RCA EXT Ken Dan New", has two issues still. All the "learns" work except the "A" button for settings, and the day back button.

The "A" button appears to be doing what I had it set to do previously. It is going to TV (it lights up the TV device button, not Cbl as it should for Spectrum settings) and it turns the TV screen back on after I have turned it off (when playing music on my TV smart app and I don't want the TV screen on).

The "Day-" button does not work. The Cbl device button lights up, but it does not go back to the previous day when I am in the Spectrum program guide on a future date.

I thought about learning all the buttons last night actually! ... I don't know if the RCA could learn that many. I will do the for you and post it tonight.

Thanks again. Please let me know if you can fix these last two learned commands.
sti491

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI. I just double checked my non extended RCA that still has the learned commands on it. The "A' button does go to settings, and the Day- button does work.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the new A function on Shift-A so as not to overwrite the function you had on there. Fixed typo on Day-. All should work now if you re-download from your link again.

If all the learns won't fit, you can do it in two batches, two RMIR files.
sti491

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I got all the learns. Let me know if I missed any. I did not do settings because there is no settings button on the RCA, and you had it with my "A" button previously.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25044

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
sti491

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm... "Day-" still no Bueno on Ken Dan New 2 file you just sent
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: