JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 Remotes in Production (Dec 2017)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmezz13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: JP1 Remotes in Production (Dec 2017) Reply with quote

I've been out of JP1 for awhile, but just re-engaged to update some old 8810 and 8910 remotes with my Hopper 3. The Hopper remote works well for most things but if you want to do something integrated like watch a movie with surround a programmable remote is sure useful. RMIR is easy to use and really like it over the KM/IR method (Thanks guys - lots of good work there)

Anyway, I was reviewing the remote list and it wasn't obvious to me which of the current remotes are still in production. Just based on my searches, I would say that the Inteset 422-3 was one of the only ones that looked like it still might be so. For the Inteset 422-3, is there an extender that works on the remote? I ordered a Nevo C2 just for fun, I don't know if it's new or used but we'll see. I'm always worried about buttons that stop working over time.

While I was at it, I uploaded the Hopper 3 rmdu since I I was able to step through the OBCs and find some of the unique keys on the 52.0 remote which are different than previous Dish remotes. (I never did find a code for the HOME button).

Thanks all.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the US, the RCA RCRP05BR can still be found new, and the OARUSB04G is plentiful. Surplus JP1 TV remotes (ex. Insignia, nearly identical to Inteset) and cable box remotes (ex. 1056B03) can still be had. In Europe and other parts of the world, several models are still sold, URC-7980 for example. Our European posters would know better than I; shipping to the US tends to be prohibitive on those.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Buy’s Insignia remotes are also JP1 and look like Inteset but with less features and devices.

I didn’t know the RCA was still in production.

Many JP1 remotes that went out of production years ago, like Nevo are still readily available.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

I'm guessing it's old stock, but they're still out there new in the package.

Edit: They must have made another run of these, the new ones have slightly different-shaped buttons (pause & play in particular). I hope they still have a JP1 in them. See: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I21GY4K
jmezz13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Extenders? Reply with quote

It looks like the RCA RCRP05BR and the OARUSB04G have extenders. Does the Inteset 422-3 and Insignia (NS-RMT415?) have an extender?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMoody wrote:
mdavej wrote:

I'm guessing it's old stock, but they're still out there new in the package.

Edit: They must have made another run of these, the new ones have slightly different-shaped buttons (pause & play in particular). I hope they still have a JP1 in them. See: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I21GY4K

Wait for this ebay seller to back from vacation, the Potenza ST remote looks alike the rca:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382292374557?

And Potenza has 6 pins in it.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Extenders? Reply with quote

jmezz13 wrote:
It looks like the RCA RCRP05BR and the OARUSB04G have extenders. Does the Inteset 422-3 and Insignia (NS-RMT415?) have an extender?

If the Inteset 422-3 is a JP1.3 remote it can pretty easily have an extender if it doesn't already have one. The "common" JP1.3 extender can pretty easily be ported to a new remote, the only thing that requires is for me to have one. (or for one of the other experts to want to do the work and learn the source code for the extender so they can port it)

If it's not a JP1.3 then that's a whole different issue since some time in the last several years UEI changed a lot of stuff, including the microprocessor that they use, and the work that was done for the JP1.3 remotes isn't anywhere nearly portable to those newer remotes.

Does someone have a 422-3 that they can download? What's the signature on that remote?
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: JP1 Remotes in Production (Dec 2017) Reply with quote

My recently purchased 422-3 show up in RMIR as signature 361203 jp1.4.
What kind of download do you want a raw download or rmir ?
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: JP1 Remotes in Production (Dec 2017) Reply with quote

I sent zipped of 422-3
Files of raw download and rmir to diagnose area
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: JP1 Remotes in Production (Dec 2017) Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
My recently purchased 422-3 show up in RMIR as signature 361203 jp1.4.
What kind of download do you want a raw download or rmir ?

yea, that's not a JP1.3 remote so it's likely that the extender from the other Inteset remotes won't be easily ported. Sorry
MrMoody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
the Potenza ST remote looks alike the rca:
And Potenza has 6 pins in it.

Wow, looks like this is a new OEM for cable providers with custom keys, colors and logos available, and like the Insignias has backlit versions as well as non-backlit. The classic RCA was not. I wouldn't mind getting hold of a backlit one ...

I strongly suspect it is not the same signature/processor as the classic RCA, and therefore no extender, and would need a new RDF as well.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like the Potenza remote I would glad give it to whoever will make up the new rdf. PM me.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
If you would like the Potenza remote I would glad give it to whoever will make up the new rdf. PM me.

If you download it, what is the signature that it reports back? If it's the same as the RCA remote (31793179) then the only difference you'll find in the RDF is the names on the keys, which are pretty easy to change in the RDF file.

AND the extender will work as well. (with an edited RDF to change the key names)

If the signature is different then all bets are off.
greeno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can still get the atlas ocap remotes 1056B01 that run unclemilties's extender just find. a bit pricey though at $15 each.
jmezz13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Bought the OARUSB04G Reply with quote

Well I ended up finding a new OARUSB04G on ebay and I have to say it's not a bad little remote and is a better size (IMHO) than my old 8810 and 8910. Took me a few minutes to get up to speed on how to use the settings.bin file. With the extender, I think this will do everything I need with some slightly different key mapping of course. Thanks all. Kind of has me fired up to get a few of the newer remotes going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: