JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adesso VCR-1100 MCE and KODI long key press

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainey2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Adesso VCR-1100 MCE and KODI long key press Reply with quote

I have been using this file on my RCRP05BR remote for WMC and PLEX and it works fine (with the IR receiver that came with the WMC Adesso VCR-1100 remote). I am now trying KODI also and all seems fine but it is not working with KODI for the long key press on OK/Select key.

Of course this is all because of this Adesso/Ortek IR receiver Info button command is really a right mouse click so it don't work like a normal MCE remote. Seems this is needed more in KODI then the other programs, trying not to use a keyboard/mouse.

File posted here if you want a look
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25022

I was hoping someone may have went down this rabbit hole before and can point me in the right direction to get this long key press working.

In Kodi you move the highlighter around with the arrow keys and select with the OK press, if you do a long press on the OK key it should call up the Context Menu for the item the highlighter is on. This dose work from a keyboard with a long press on the return key.
If i press the Info button it calls up the context menu for the item the mouse pointer is on but that is not always where the highlighter is. Maybe there is a utility that keeps the mouse pointer in sync with the remote highlighter, i wish.

I have run a program that reads the remote key press and it shows it is a "Return" key notification that is being sent by the remote.
I have made some tweaks in the KODI files with no luck, setting the remotedelay, adding Keyboard.xml commands to no end , i just can't seem to find what is wrong or if it is possible at all with this hardware.

I am trying not to use Eventghost, but maybe that is the only way.
I hope someone may be able to help me.
Maybe since this remote and this File seems to send this key press many time in repeat, maybe it is to fast for a long press, not sure how to edit repeats and if that mess up other things.

Open for any ideas

Otherwise, i have to do all the work to get Eventghost working for all three programs, or program a FLIRC for all three and of course reprogram the remote to work with any changes.
yaworski

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First check if the Ortek receiver repeats the function for OK button or does it only press and release it once. What Ortek sends as OK function? Enter key? Mouse key?

If it's enter, then open a text editor (for example a notepad) and press and hold the OK button. Observe what happens. If it only react once and doesn't do anything else while you still keep the button pressed, then you're out of luck. If it repeats then there are two possible options. Option one is that it constantly "presses" and "releases" the key. Kodi won't be able to detect this as key being held. Second option is that it keeps the key held down. The difference in behaviour is that, in the former case the repeat in the text editor will start immediately, without delay, and will have constant and rather low repeat rate. Latter will follow system's keyboard repeat settings (repeat delay and repeat rate). You can compare them with pressing and holding any key on your keyboard.

If it uses a mouse key, then I don't think Kodi supports long press mouse events.

I don't think you'll be able to work around with the Ortek receiver.
Rainey2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i will try your tests
It sends the Return command VK_RETURN (this is the enter Key)
You know you made me thing, VK_RETURN is most likely the Virtual Keyboard and that would mean i need to add the long press to the Virtual Keyboard section of the KODI keyboard file. I will need to check that.

OK key in notepad
In notepad i get just one newline even though the IR receiver blinks as long as button is pressed, if i use the keyboard of course it repeats after a little while.

I have found a work around in case the long press is not possible by editing the keyboard.xml file in kodi and adding command for other remote buttons.

It took some learning but it is my fall back in case this hardware not going to support the long press.
Rainey2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems you are right when you said

If it only react once and doesn't do anything else while you still keep the button pressed, then you're out of luck.

at least i have the work around by adding the following to a keyboard.xml file
I get both a working Info, and context menu command with other buttons, since long press and the info button don't work like normal.

Code:

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <!-- ****************************************************** -->
      <!-- MS Media Center keyboard shortcuts sent by MCE remotes -->
      <!-- https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220677&pid=1949375#pid1949375 -->
      <m mod="ctrl">contextmenu</m> <!-- Blue Button -->
      <e mod="ctrl">togglewatched</e> <!-- Red Button -->
      <i mod="ctrl">info</i> <!-- Green Button -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: