JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Inteset 422-3 bricked
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typo on my part. The expected signature is, as you say, 361203.
sdegonge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtherrell - good luck with the recovery. I also have a INT-422-3 and just ordered a JP1.2/1.3 cable. I'm totally new to the world of JP1 so I'll be following your posts. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions on how to fix your problem. A while back I asked Inteset about the JP1 port and this was the response I got...

Samuel D.
Total Posts: 1
Posted: 11 months ago Quote#4604
Can the INT-422-3 be programmed via JP1?
I see a connector in the battery compartment.

James L.
Total Posts: 261
Posted: 11 months ago Quote#4612
We do not support the use of JP1 programming but it can be done. However, it will void the warranty.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the remote manufacturers support JP1, or often even acknowledge that it can be done, but behind-the-scenes the real manufacturer (ie, UEI) does help us out.
sdegonge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a silly question but have you tried the 9-7-7 factory reset, that is, if the remote even responds to button presses?

I too have a INT-422-3. Just got my JP1 cable and was able to upload/download without any problems. One thing that I found, luckily before I connected the cable, was that the pin 1 marking was in the wrong location. This is a TIAO cable and it had a white mark for pin 1. I had to search online for the proper pin position. Other than that it worked fine.

If you need a clean RMIR file for this remote just shoot me a message and I'll send you it.
wtherrell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Inteset has exemplary customer support Reply with quote

Kudos to Inteset. From their web-site I applied for RMA and RMA # was sent to me immediately. I mailed the non-responsive remote to them the Monday before Thanksgiving. Tracking showed they received it on Wednesday. With Thanksgiving weekend coming up I did not expect to hear anything for a while.
To my surprise and delight on Monday (Cyber Monday, I believe) I received a package from Inteset. Inside, a brand new 422-3 remote complete with batteries and instruction sheet. I immediately loaded it up with latest working RMDIR that I had. It is working fine. I will not have time to try further programming for the other devices and fine tuning the Tivo buttons until after the Holidays. Much thanks to Inteset and to all you guys on the forums.
Happy Holidays everyone.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: