JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

does anyone know this file format .irp file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuliu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: does anyone know this file format .irp file Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25011

I attached a file that I downloaded. It is a remote control file for some device similar to slingbox, called nettv5. It is supposed to control bbtv stb, Taiwan acble tv. I hope to be able to convert it to rmdu file. On their web site there are various files for other Taiwan cable tv. I often need to create bin file for slingbox for Taiwan cable tv. I sometimes don't have a original remote and if I can convert the irp files to rmdu, that saves me a lot of trouble.

Thanks.
chuliu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems impossible as I opened the irf file, it doesn't seem to be recognisable characters.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first 7 characters are "bbTV-V3", which is an indication that it is not a "common file format", since these tend to have the first N bytes (for some N) fixed.

Looking at the bytes gives me the impression that it in "not unlikely" that the file really consist of some unencrypted, binary IR data, FWIW... Smile. If that is the case, it is likely dirty learns (lots of consecutive Ctrl-E, Ctrl-D etc) so you might like to deploy another method.
chuliu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: