JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C2 sensitivity of motion detection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: C2 sensitivity of motion detection Reply with quote

I've had a few of these remote for a while and am very happy with them overall, but they seem to be super sensitive to motion which wears down the battery faster. If I have it on my nightstand, walking almost anywhere in the room turns the remote screen on. And I don't live in an old, creaky house.

I am assuming there are no adjustments for this, but thought I'd ask.

I have a Monster remote and I can set it on my lap and the screen doesn't go on until I lift it to use it. Obviously this is a much cheaper remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: C2 sensitivity of motion detection Reply with quote

michaeljc70 wrote:
I have a Monster remote and I can set it on my lap and the screen doesn't go on until I lift it to use it. Obviously this is a much cheaper remote.

Are you using JP1 to program your Monster remote? If so, can you provide some feedback in the following thread as the guy who requested support for this remote disappeared.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100722
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: C2 sensitivity of motion detection Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
michaeljc70 wrote:

Are you using JP1 to program your Monster remote? If so, can you provide some feedback in the following thread as the guy who requested support for this remote disappeared.

No, I use the software it came with which is essentially Harmony software. I haven't changed anything in 4 years. The software is really old. I will probably switch to a C2 if it dies or I need to make changes. The advantage of the Monster is it has IR blasters.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I get the same thing. No adjustment unfortunately. The shortest possible timeout and a good set of eneloops is about the best way to deal with it.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have two adjustments to save battery.

You can turn TILT off totally, If you never watch TV in the dark which is me in the summer time. I go to bed before the sun goes down, Wink, so then you can turn TILT off, and it only lights up when you press a button. Works fine for the me.

You can adjust the length of time the light stays on.

Both adjustments are made on the remote itself, not on our software.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: C2 sensitivity of motion detection Reply with quote

michaeljc70 wrote:
The Robman wrote:
michaeljc70 wrote:

No, I use the software it came with which is essentially Harmony software. I haven't changed anything in 4 years. The software is really old. I will probably switch to a C2 if it dies or I need to make changes. The advantage of the Monster is it has IR blasters.
Since it's using Harmony software, it's a different model than Rob is talking about anyway.

If you like the C2, then try and find a C3. It adds RF and has 6 blasters. If you're patient, you may be able to find one for about $40. There are usually a few insanely high priced listings you can ignore. If you get one, you'll need an RF base to go with it. Those are usually pretty cheap. But I haven't looked recently.

EDIT: Looks like C3 / Xsight Touch can be had for $40 and the RF base (ARRE433B or REX-433) for $30 on ebay. Just make sure whatever you get comes with all 6 blaster cables.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: