JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Repeat rate for Xsight/Nevo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

Unlike learns, upgrade files have perfectly formed signals. Learns can have too many repeats or incomplete signals as was the case with yours. The main goal of a JP1er is not to have any learns but convert all to device upgrades because they are better and take much less memory and are easy to amend and share with others.

On traditional remotes that is certainly the case. Traditional EEPROM remotes have very small area, and while the learning section is big, its much better used to house an extender, or to host upgrade overflow.

I've found that I am using learns a lot more on the NEVO because they behave better than the "keymove-ish" things that I was trying to use on my devices. I need several soft keys from my TV on all viewing devices, (roku, dvd, blu-ray, ...) So I've been translating device keys into learns and sometimes manipulating them by hand in order to make the remote respond the way I want.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you can still keymove them onto each device's button tab without resorting to learns or just assign all softkeys to the TV device in your activities and put the few roku/dvd/bd soft keys you need on the TV device. Or make a TV/Roku combo device, a TV/DVD combo device, etc. with the appropriate mix of devices and buttons from other devices.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
But you can still keymove them onto each device's button tab without resorting to learns or just assign all softkeys to the TV device in your activities and put the few roku/dvd/bd soft keys you need on the TV device. Or make a TV/Roku combo device, a TV/DVD combo device, etc. with the appropriate mix of devices and buttons from other devices.

Yes BUT the repeat characteristics dont hold true the way a traditional keymove would be. Instead they behave like they are in a macro and send 3 repeats for the majority of protocols. Holding the button or soft button does not give you more repeats. But when you make your frankenstein device with learns the repeats work flawlessly. So if I need repeats like when held on the helper device. I use learns. When i need a button to not repeat i make a learn with barf’s irscrutinizer and then edit it by hand to remove the repeating portion.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, have you tried enabling the dreaded Assist buttons to see if they behave like macros too? That might just work if you only need a few TV commands in every activity.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, for the most part I use Frankenstein devices because there just are not enough activities to handle my system. I use activites for my Music devices, but viewing devices are all cobbled.

landolfi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, I'm a year late to this party but I think you are describing an issue similar to the one I'm having. I wanted to assign soft keys to the TV to allow me to increase and decrease the volume on the receiver without changing the TV volume device. What I'm looking for is effectively the ability to change the volume device on the fly (and back) using a soft key. Is using an activity with volume key assignments my only option (i.e., Watch TV with Receiver Volume and Watch TV with TV Volume)? I tried to create a macro with vol+ and vol- hold and assign that to TV, but the soft key only sends 1 vol+ or vol- command per key press no matter how I vary the hold.
landolfi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it was RM 2.07, the Xsight firmware update it suggested I download, or something in the way I created the macro, but assigning volume keys to softkeys with durations is working for me now. Thanks for continuing to maintain the tools and this great JP1 resource!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: