JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I have also problem downloading Nevo C2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oliver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: I have also problem downloading Nevo C2 Reply with quote

Hi, I'm also not able to download from my Nevo C2 with RMIR. I just bought it on ebay and don't know specific content... I could read on forum that some custom RDF files have been created and I tried several without success.
Here my Raw file I could download.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14770

I would be happy if some expert could help me out.
Thanks a lot for the great job here and for supporting us!!!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Nevos bought on eBay are from China and although sold as used, they are actually new. I think yours must really be used, as it does contain a setup but it is corrupt. That is why RMIR cannot read it, you are not doing anything wrong and it is not a bug in RMIR.

I suggest you do a factory reset so you can start your own setup with an empty remote. To do this, start at the Home screen. Scroll to Settings and select it. There, scroll to Reset and select it. It should now say "Press below to reset" at the top, with a button labelled Reset at the bottom. DO NOT SELECT/PRESS THAT BUTTON. Instead, enter 9 8 1 with the keypad. The button will change to say Factory Reset. Select that. You should now get a message with YES/NO buttons asking if you are sure you want to reset the remote to factory settings. Select YES.

You should now have an empty remote that will download in RMIR, but it will show very little as it is empty. If RMIR still gives an error message then please post again. RMIR is capable of doing an even greater clean-up of a corrupted remote than does a Factory Reset and I will guide you through that if necessary.

Once you are able to download an empty setup into RMIR without it giving an error, I suggest you read the tutorial Getting started with XSight and Nevo in our Wiki.
Oliver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Brand missing Reply with quote

Wow... Great explanation!
I followed your instructions and I got a download completed.
It asked me to update so I did as it is recommended on instuctions.
After Update I noticed that the Brand of my TV has dissapeard.
Problem is that on file section I cannot find them.
Is there a way to recover "Medion" from Raw Backup?

Thank you so much for your help!!! Laughing
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oliver wrote:
After Update I noticed that the Brand of my TV has dissapeard.
Problem is that on file section I cannot find them.
Is there a way to recover "Medion" from Raw Backup?

That should not have happened. The IR database is not changed by the upgrade. The Nevos are multi-region remotes and the brands available depend on the region setting. Can you check that it is set to the right region? If you do a download and look on the Raw Data tab in RMIR, it will tell you the current region setting.

For me to investigate further, please tell me what country you are in and what the region setting is.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guessing it's Germany based on the IP address.

I thought the Nevo's were basically shipped empty and then you loaded what you needed through the web site.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I guessing it's Germany based on the IP address.

I thought the Nevo's were basically shipped empty and then you loaded what you needed through the web site.

No, Graham explained to us when we were asking for an empty image. I did a few 981 resets with different regions to see that for my self. If i tried to set up a TV the list of BRands changed.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Oliver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I left download and RAW dump in the file section:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14771
I'm in Germany and I bought it here, but as it was used it may be from somewere else.
It was not empty, I could setup several brands but before and after update brands are not the same. And unfortunately "Medion TVs" are missing in File section. So it may also be interesting for the comunity to recover it somehow.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oliver. You didn't tell me what the region setting is in your Nevo. Medion is in the list of TV brands for the Europe region. I told you that you can check the region setting by downloading the remote to RMIR (make sure you have build 9 of RMIR v2.05, the latest one - use Help > About from the menu to check the build). If it is not Europe, or you want to reset the region without checking it, then do a Factory Reset as before. After a Factory Reset you are asked to select the region and language that you want. Make sure you select Europe. And presumably German.

If you still don't find Medion in the TV brands when the region is Europe, there may still be some corruption in the internal file system of the remote. In that case you need to do a reformat and rebuild of the file system. Post again and I will tell you how to do that. After the firmware upgrade that you have already done, and a rebuild of the internal file system, you will have rewritten the entire remote so nothing can then possibly be wrong!
Oliver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I did reset again and selected region after language. Now brands are different. And Medion is again included, thats great!!!
I guess mistake was not having selected region last time and connected directly to PC. But it is strange that depending on your choice you have different brands. So it's on the device but you cannot access. maybe hidden menu??? So now I need to play with it and see what can be done with RMIR... Wink
So I asume a rebuild will not be required.
Thanks a lot for support, and sorry for this beginner mistakes.
I'm very courious what comes now... Laughing
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased that all is now well. Yes, a rebuild is not required. I hope you enjoy exploring and using your new remote. We are always available if you have further problems.

There are many brands that are only available in Europe, others only available in North America, and so on. It would be confusing to users to have a long list of brands to choose from, many of which were not available in their region, so the manufacturers of the remote restrict the list to those available in the user's region. The Nevos and their clones are the only remotes that are multi-region in this way as they have so much memory that they can include setup codes for all regions. The other remotes made by UEI only include the setup codes for the region in which they are sold, so they sell different versions in Europe, North America, Latin America and so on.
Oliver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for a hack for my Harmony remotes as the software is in my opinion a complete disaster. So I arrived to the JP1 page and somebody recommended Nevo as a very good and simple remote to setup by PC with RMIR. So I bought the C2 on eBay for 20€ including shipment.
I guess it was a great deal!!!
So this are my first steps on it but I like what I see.
Finally a way to edit codes directly. Very Happy
Just one more question. I had the feeling I cannot mess up the device. I will always have the chance ro return to the factory condition. Is it like that?
Again thanks a lot for supporting me!!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oliver wrote:
Just one more question. I had the feeling I cannot mess up the device. I will always have the chance to return to the factory condition. Is it like that?

Yes it is. A Factory Reset will recover from anything unless you have corrupted the file system of the remote, and a reformat and rebuild with RMIR will recover even from that. My advice is to make sure that whenever you do an upload or download of the remote from RMIR, or do anything with the Settings menu of the remote, you first make sure that the battery indicator shows full strength. It is OK to use the remote as a remote control with low battery, but operations that update the flash memory of the remote take a lot more power. If these go wrong due to low battery, that can cause corruption of the memory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: