JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help! TCL Roku TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When using Stand Alone TiVo remote in IR or RF mode, pressing tv volume or mute keys, programmed for any brand of tv, it still flashes a yellow circle on the TiVo itself for each command. Even though there's no effect on TiVo. But pressing the volume key on tv oem remote with same IR codeset, doesn't get response from TiVo. Tivo remotes most add extra IR signal to make TiVo respond.
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completed my testing and compiled my results into an RM upgrade file for the TCL P605. I've posted it here in case there is any interest: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14764

This file includes discretes for on, off, and input selection as well as discretes for direct access to most of the Roku streaming services.

Thanks to everyone for the support.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed wrote:
I completed my testing and compiled my results into an RM upgrade file for the TCL P605. I've posted it here in case there is any interest: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14764

This file includes discretes for on, off, and input selection as well as discretes for direct access to most of the Roku streaming services.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just got a TCL S405, which is very similar. I have an Atlas 5 Day URC-1055 JP1.3 3033 remote.

Your upgrade works, but some of the keys are not programmed correctly since the OP here has a different remote. Could you assist with getting this to work correctly with my remote?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make corrections on the Layout or Buttons tabs.
Ed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your upgrade works, but some of the keys are not programmed correctly since the OP here has a different remote. Could you assist with getting this to work correctly with my remote?

I can certainly try to help you, but I'm no expert, and mdavej is. Are you asking for help mapping the functions to buttons on your remote as opposed to mine, or are you saying that the function codes I've placed in the upgrade don't perform the indicated functions on your TV?

If the former, then mdavej's approach is the way to go. If the latter, then you'll need to figure out what the correct function codes are for your TV. The usual approach to figuring that out is to learn the function codes from the OEM remote. Incidentally, I did notice that some, not many, of the function codes identified earlier in this thread did not work on my TV.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Make corrections on the Layout or Buttons tabs.

I think I've got it. When I change the remote, it even tells me which buttons are no longer mapped. I was able to remap them to buttons on my remote and even changed a few from what was the default in the file to something I prefer.

I'm good here, thanks!
NOAMattD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new 8.0.0 software update adds a "Fast TV Start" under System->Power. This essentially leaves the TV in the 'warm" state all the time and ensures the discrete on commands will always work![/code]
Ed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The new 8.0.0 software update adds a "Fast TV Start" under System->Power. This essentially leaves the TV in the 'warm" state all the time and ensures the discrete on commands will always work!

I saw that. My TV is still running 7.7.0. When I get the upgrade, I may take advantage of this.

In the meantime, I noticed that the "Power" (toggle) command "wakes" the TV up if it's cold (none of the discretes do that), so I use the power toggle in my power on macro and the discrete off to turn the TV off. You can also set the TV to turn on in a particular mode; i.e., whenever you use the power toggle to turn it on, it switches to the input you configure. That's helpful in my macros too.

Right now, I have a button on my remote that fires a global macro that turns the TV on with the power toggle and configures it and other components to watch satellite TV. Regardless of what I'm going to watch, this is how I turn it on. Then I'll use another macro to switch to watching a DVD or OTA TV, etc. I use a power off macro on my remote's power button to shut everything off via discretes. Before I turn the TV and the AVR off, I switch them to satellite mode so they're ready for the next power on command.

I'm hoping I get 8.0.0 soon. I'm looking forward to the on-screen program guide that comes with it. I've read you can "time shift" with that, and I'm intrigued by what that might mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: