JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

build an rdmu file not working Samsung UBD-K8500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deacon Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: build an rdmu file not working Samsung UBD-K8500 Reply with quote

Not quite a beginner, but no expert.

I'm using RMIR with a bunch of 8910s.

Been mostly using codes/RMU files built by others but have built a couple myself over the years.

Just got a Samsung UBD-K8500 (Ultra HD blu-ray player) and trying to add a working DVD control set to my remote. Tried most recent likely compatible one from downloads UBD-K8500. Didn't work.

So, figured I'd just learn the codes, then export, save and re-import, I believe that's what I've done in the past.

So, used Samsung remote (AK59-00179A) that came with device. Learned codes on my 8910 (on top of/replacing imported codes mentioned above.

Once learned codes, remote controls player fine. Then go back to RMIR and do the following.

Remote, Download from Remote
Devices, choose device Type VCR (the slot that learned code went in) chose EDIT pasted in device name in description.
Save As (device name RMU file.)

Then opened my saved RMIR for this remote, removed the device in that slot, added in the newly created RMU file saved, uploaded to remote and went and tested and remote will not control device.

Tried a couple of times and failed the same way each time.

Leaving learned codes in for now while I see if you folks can help me figure out what mistake I'm making.

Can upload rmu file if helpful.

Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can help if we see
The rmir file with the learns
The rmir with the non working upgrade

Zip them together and post them in the diagnosis area and then add a link to the file in this thread.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're missing the step of actually creating an upgrade, presumably based on the false assumption that RMIR will do it automatically.

Last edited by The Robman on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
rickety

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deacon Crusher ... did you upload anything? I have just got a Samsung Blu ray that uses the same remote and was looking for an upgrade.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he didn't, which is why this thread is left un-resolved. However, I just looked at all of our Samsung Bluray upgrades, and all but one of them use the same codeset.

Here's an example of the standard set (Samsung36 32.0.7):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9030

And here's the one file that was different (Samsung36 48.26):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11805

I know you have at least a URC-8910 and a Nevo in your collection, both of which are learning remotes, so do you still have the Bluray remote? If so, you can learn the signals and create your own upgrade. The OP hasn't posted in over a year, so I can guarantee that he isn't gonna help you.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a Samsung36 32.0.7 and the example The Robman posted should work perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: