JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arris vip4302
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasdavies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help. I will try all the above suggestions this week when I get home. I have also found out that with Broadlink rm pro you can control remotely rf devices. I am still not completely sure if the remote is Bluetooth or rf but it's definitely not ir as it has been configured by my tv provider. I will switch off the Arris box and try to learn the codes as suggested above.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember the digital camera trick that I showed you earlier for checking that the IR blaster was actually sending something, well you can use that on your Arris remote also.
jasdavies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did it using the front camera of my cell phone and there is no light to be seen. On the other hand I can see a light on the camera with all the other remotes. The remote can also operate the tv box from the room beside so it should be operating either with rf or Bluetooth. If it's rf I could buy a broadlink rm pro.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RF is tricky, it not customize-able the was IR is as the wavelength can't be adjusted by software. What I'm getting at is, just because a device can be controlled by an RF remote, doesn't mean that you can just get a universal remote that has RF and be able to control it.

The reason I brought up using the camera to check if your remote is sending IR is because there was some discussion of, if you do something to the device you can make the remote send IR, so you can try that and then verify (using your camera) if the remote really is sending IR.
jasdavies

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the suggested bin codes as suggested above and tv box still does not respond. IR was being emitted through the Slingbox as I tested it with the camera.
I also tried to learn the code with the Nevo c2 but this time with the tv box unplugged. one of the button of the remote keeps flashing when the box is unplugged suggesting that the remote is possibly connected via Bluetooth. Yet no IR signal is emitted, no light was visible on the camera and the Nevo could still not receive the code.
I think that the remote provided just works with Bluetooth and the box may have had its IR disabled by the TV provider.
Any suggestion is welcomed though I think I may call this game over soon.
Thanks a lot for everyone taking part in this thread for the advice and time taken. Very much appreciated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You you try loading the Cisco file that I posted earlier into your Nevo to see if it responds to that one?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8817
jasdavies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did and it did not respond with it. The ir signal was working from the slingbox as I tested it with the camera. I think that the ir capabilities of the box has been disabled by my tv provider. They sell replacement remotes for almost $50 each so they may have done it in purpose so that people don't have any other choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: