JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Onkyo amp codes, merging two sets for XSight Touch remote?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewilley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave it a try this morning, and uploaded the test version to my remote.

The IR codes that were originally in my TX-NR555 device set seem to still work using the new file, but the extra ones (discrete power, and all the other added ones) do not do anything. Apart from Dimmer for some reason, that worked in the new set.

Also, the modifications to protocols.ini seems to have broken my regular working TX-NR555 device setup, so I'm going to have to roll that back in order for my remote to work at all for daily use.

Andre
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have read 3FG's reply better
Quote:
It almost sort-of works, but it actually always computes the complement of the most recently entered OBC1, rather than the one on the same line as the blank OBC2 field

The OBC2 field for all of those functions was miscalculated. I should have noticed, but I saw they were calculated, and didn't do the simple math to see that they were the incorrect values.

I've updated the OBC2 values of the original values 255-obc1. It now should work. I've updated the link with a new file, ends with 2.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14724

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
andrewilley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll give it another go. Can I set it up in such a way that I can continue to use my existing device codeset too, as otherwise I have to keep uninstalling after testing.(There are a number of macros which link to the existing device codes at the moment)

Andre
andrewilley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new file seems to work for all of the included IR codes.

For completeness, I will now need to find and add some IR codes that are missing from both the SR606 and NR555 sets though (e.g. the original Onkyo remote for the 555 has discrete buttons for Game, PC, CD and Phono inputs. It also has a 'Game' listening mode option, Shuffle and Memory buttons. Would it help if I learned those buttons into the XSight, and sent the learned details as a file, or does that not easily translate into OBC/byte-based codes?

Andre
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you learn codes rmir will display the information you need to create a new function in the list.

On a normal NEC signal OBC2 is supposed to calculate 255-OBC1. We know that our current protocols.ini entry didn't do that for me. So beware. If it is a Nec f16 the second OBC value should be available from the decode.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
andrewilley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, extra codes learned from the original remote and saved into the XSight's "Learned Signals" section (I just used the number keys for quick learning) and they seem to have been picked up as NEC1 codes as follows:

These all work fine on the XSight itself and control all the functions as expected. How do I now transfer them into the main device functions list so I can manipulate them and eventually save everything out as a master .rmdu file of IR codes for this amp?

(Sorry, I did say this was going to be a learning curve Smile )

Andre
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay this did point up a problem.
As the title of our new protocol says this is Nec1 or2 F16 6 subs,

We are allready using subdevice 2,30,35,108,109, and 172. You just found subdevice 25......on a regular nec type signal.

Nec1 30 has (Bluetooth) is the only F!6 file you have used so far, but I know that the Onkyo NR series uses other F16 functions as well. For instance all the iPhone connectivity is also done with F16 commands......

Before we take this to the next level, of perhaps creating a custom Nec Onkyo protocol with more subdevices, lets see what your data sheet from Onkyo shows.

In the meantime, for all the codes other than the 2 that have the #25 as the subdevice.

On the functions tab
Enter the Name of the function
Enter the OBC in the OBC column
If OBC2 is not = to 255-OBC , enter that number manually
Select the subdevice from the dropdown.
For all the codes you have found, select Nec1 from the style.

andrewilley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give that a try later.

The two '25' codes were the 'Memory' button (for saving radio tuner presets) and the Play/Pause toggle button for streaming audio playback, neither of which are critical but since you want a reference list with everything in it, it would be nice to get them working too.

Hopefully Onkyo will reply with a nice neat list with no more surprises, but it does rather seem that their IR codeset is a real mismash for no readily explicable reason.

Andre
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a look at this one again, it already uses 3 bytes of variable data, which is enough for the sub-device, OBC and OBC2, the only thing missing would be an indicator saying to use NEC2 instead of NEC1.

Looking at the list of codes that we have so far for, I see thatthere are no OBCs between 32 and 63, which means there are 2 bits in the OBC that we could re-use for a couple of flags.

This should be easy to write if it's needed.

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, here are all the Onkyo codes from UEI (Simpleset). All the learns above are a perfect match for setup code 2730. It has the following protocols:

02 47
NEC 1or2 Combo
NEC 1or2 SixSubs
NEC 4DEV Combo
NEC1

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14729

And here are the latest code spreadsheets we have in our file section. I couldn't find any later ones posted elsewhere.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13424

Isn't it more likely that some combo of the above protocols would work for just about every command rather than Onkyo using some new protocol we've never seen? Couldn't the learns simply be a little mal-formed?

We don't really need to combine protocols since it's easy enough to add more devices and put the needed commands from each in a single "combo" device if desired. I made 3 distinct devices for my 3 zone Denon, one for each zone.

Andre, try this. Open the first file above with RMIR. Go to the devices tab and double click 2730, save as Onkyo Test, or whatever you want to call it. Open that file in RM, change remote to Xsight and add any missing functions. You'll see how to enter the correct values from the existing codes (most match your learns).

Looks like they used NEC1 for most commands but NEC2 for repeating commands like vol, chan and arrows. Then just fill in the OBC, Device and Subdevice from your learned tab. Leave 2nd Sub set to "None".
andrewilley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

Andre, try this. Open the first file above with RMIR. Go to the devices tab and double click 2730, save as Onkyo Test, or whatever you want to call it. Open that file in RM, change remote to Xsight and add any missing functions. You'll see how to enter the correct values from the existing codes (most match your learns).

Are you saying to find the missing codes from that 2013 master spreadsheet (second file you quoted) and then add them to what I opened from device 2730 in the first file? I tried doing that before (I had already downloaded that spreadsheet) but they didn't seem to work using the three-byte hex codes in the spreadsheet. If I could get those to work, any codes that are dated post-2013 I could presumably get by learning keys from my current amp's remote (as I did above) and copying those into the main list.

Oh, and do I still need the modified protocols.ini file, as that blocks my normal amp device set from working which makes switching back and forth for testing a bit tedious.

Andre
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 3 byte ones, I would put the 80 (hex 50) in 1st OBC in the Setup tab at the bottom of the list, then put the last byte (14 in the case of the BLUETOOTH command for example) in the OBC field in the Functions tab. Give that a shot.
andrewilley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
For the 3 byte ones, I would put the 80 (hex 50) in 1st OBC in the Setup tab at the bottom of the list, then put the last byte (14 in the case of the BLUETOOTH command for example) in the OBC field in the Functions tab. Give that a shot.

The basic supplied functions in that 2730 set do seem to operate the amp (power, cursor keys, volume, and some of those unidentified 'button59'. 'button5A' codes do things like select various inputs, etc).

However I cannot seem to add any extra codes from the Onkyo 2013 master spreadsheet. I tried the Bluetooth example that you gave (which was a four byte code in their list) and also Net (a three byte code). I changed the "1st OBC" value at the bottom of the Setup tab to 80 (dec) and then created new commands in the function list with OBC values of 14 dec (for Bluetooth) and 135 dec (for Net). These auto-populated the other fields, and I uploaded the resulting set back to the XSight and still the basic commands worked as before, but the new ones did nothing.

Andre
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I went back and revisited the original nr55 and I made a mistake
the last device Device #6 should be 25, NOT 35!!!
On the DEVICE SETUP TAB, scroll down to device #6 and change it to 25.

I had a look at the spreadsheet that mdavej posted.

It has 4 byte and 3 byte codes

It has exactly 6 Device / Subdevice combinations
D202 210.2
D219 210.25
D21E 210.30
D26C 210.108
D26D 210.109
D2AC 210.172

The then there are entries with one OBC and 2 OBCs
When there is one byte of hex, it is a standard nec signal where OBC2 is the complement of OBC1

Return
D26C 54
Nec 210.108 OBC 84

OBC 1 =84, OBC2 should calculate to 171 (255-84)

Other commands have 2 OBCs shown, to indicate that these are NEC F16 commands

BLueTooth
D21E 50 0E
50h =80
0Eh = 14

Nec1-F!6 210.30 OBC1 = 80 OBC 2 =14

Hopefully Onkyo will give you a similar spreadsheet for your amp, so you can get all the functions that you need to get the most out of your device.

andrewilley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Value edited in the Setup screen as suggested.

vickyg2003 wrote:

Return
D26C 54
Nec 210.108 OBC 84

OBC 1 =84, OBC2 should calculate to 171 (255-84)

Other commands have 2 OBCs shown, to indicate that these are NEC F16 commands

BLueTooth
D21E 50 0E
50h =80
0Eh = 14

Nec1-F!6 210.30 OBC1 = 80 OBC 2 =14

So I can ignore the first two hex bytes in the Onkyo spreadsheet (e.g. D21E or D26C) as they are already quoted in the setup section, and only worry about entering the third and (if present) fourth byte into the Functions screen?

So for a 1-byte code I enter its value (as decimal) into the OBC1 column in Functions, and the inverse (255 minus its value) into the OBC2 column. While for 2-byte codes, I use the two numbers (converted first into decimal) in the OBC1 and OBC2 columns respectively? And I let everything else auto-fill?

[Edit] Doing that, for example the Bluetooth one above, just seems to corrupt the Functions list in the window and it won't let me scroll down to the bottom properly:

You know that whole learning curve thing? No one told me it was going to be exponential... Smile

Andre
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: