JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Serial to 3.3V ttl as interface?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Serial to 3.3V ttl as interface? Reply with quote

I have been looking at various posts about interfaces and have a JP1.3 remote. It seems that the interface is basically a serial or usb to 3.3V ttl circuit. Since I have several serial to ttl boards for 3.3V microprocessors is there any reason why these won't work (with the proper connections of course)? I have read the "no substitutions" notes on some of the circuits and am guessing this is due to signals not going rail to rail... The USB to ttl cables work so it would seem a serial to ttl would also.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak to your specific question, but are you aware of the "PL2303TA USB Cable USB to TTL Serial Cable Adapter FTDI Chipset for Win 7/8" cable that you can buy on ebay for under $10 shipped? This is what we refer to here as the chip_partner cable (that's the name of the seller) and it's the perfect JP1 cable, the only issue being that it comes with 6 individual connectors rather than a single 2*3 6-hole connector.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261101529602

This post explains how to hook it up:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16360
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: